Interesting Marketing By Well Known Dog Food Brand Name

persephone

LINK to videos

excerpt

"Dog food brand ******** is giving people the option of watching two different ads in cinemas, depending on what sort of 3D glasses they wear.The two different videos, projected on to the same screen, show the consequences of whether or not the viewer donates to the ******** Adoption Drive, a charity to find homes for maltreated dogs in New Zealand.

In one video, a dog is rescued. In the other, the dog is never found.

Edited by persephone

It happens here too. Sometimes rescue workers can negotiate a surrender only to have the vet tell them the dog is too far gone, organs have shut down too far for recovery and euthanasia is the only kind action.

The ones that are successfully treated and rehomed are not the ones that make me cry...

I think that would have been a lot more effective run with a split screen and showing the contrasting images side by side. Imagine how the people who chose the red glasses would feel seeing the alternative. As it is, they still won't know any better because they didn't see the other side. JMO.

I cry at pretty much anything.. but to be honest I didn't cry at this. Not a tear.

Don't get me wrong the ads were well done and I am all for what they're promoting. Well sort of. I'm all for promoting adoption but not what the ad is ultimateley set out to achieve, Which is the purchase of ******** dog food.

I know someone who was a sales rep for the company and from what I heard the product testing kennels were horrible. I did some research into it and I just cannot support that brand.

Apologies if I brought the tone of the thread down. I bit my tongue for as long as I could :o

Yep, cried as well... but any human helping an animal in need makes me teary.

Won't buy their food though, as we prefer to feed raw, however we do donate from time to time to animal welfare oraganizations.

I was okay until the point where the chain was cut off. From then on I was a mess.

Yes, agree well done, focussed on marketing etc. etc. Sad thing is these dogs are out there everywhere.

Why can't the brilliant spin doctors make the focus on treating your dog right in the first place??? Rather than the need to rescue so many dogs. Oh yes, of course, maybe no money in that. But there could be. A dog food company could sponsor responsible dog ownership.

Where are the education videos of this type??

Made me cry but I agree with someone earlier, I dislike the real reason behind the ad which is marketing of a brand of food and a terrible brand of food at that.

I also think running them side by side would have a better effect in relation to creating donations.

I think that would have been a lot more effective run with a split screen and showing the contrasting images side by side. Imagine how the people who chose the red glasses would feel seeing the alternative. As it is, they still won't know any better because they didn't see the other side. JMO.

I was okay until the point where the chain was cut off. From then on I was a mess.

I agree - when I watched the first I felt sad, but the emotion came when seeing it again with a different visual. When they took the chain from his neck I started ...

It might be cr@p food, but it's probably a heck of a lot better than the dog was being fed!