Wellness Dog Food

I went to Petbarn the other day and they had a lady there promoting Nutro Natural Choice dog food.

Has anyone got any feedback/reviews for Nutro Natural Choice?

I used this for years and loved it, I used it when it was imported from the U.S. and then when it was made in Australia, it suited my dogs very well and they looked great on it.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just changed my dogs over to Wellness and I am entirely satisified.

I have chosen the Small Breed SUPER5MIX Adult Health and I could not be more satisfied with the product.

Never had a problem in the changeover and the dogs love it. No problems whatsoever.

I often wonder if could not be the variety that people pick.

Of course we all have to keep in mind that some owners have no choice and have to pick what is availabe because of some dogs digestive problems.

I thank my lucky stars that mine don't have those problems. :)

Yes, unfortunately Grumpy has digestive issues because of his Cushing's. Understand what you mean though, Oakway.

Yes, I am sure it must be a dreadful problem for the owners and a worse problem for the poor dogs with digestive problems.

I have every admiration for those that care and take the time to support their dogs that have problems. :thumbsup:

• 4 months later...

We have just got the Wellness range of pet food in at work and I was looking to find some feedback on it...

Since passing my labrador with 2 packets of Wellness (I mixed Senior and Large breed versions), she has been having very liquid diarrhoea and passing lotsa gasses! I thought this could be an interim process given it was a transition from a different brand, but it has been going on for weeks now. She never had any issues with other common brands.

There are some issues found here as well

www.terrificpets.com/forum/54661_3.asp#lastpost

I tried it and didnt like it. I mixed it over slowly and coats went dull and way too much gas! Even after two bags fed to just two smaller dog. The gas didnt settle so I went back to Holistic Select/BARF patties, like I always do :laugh:

I used it for quite some time with great results.

My only problem was that I had to travell further than I really wanted to too purchase it.

I changed over to the VIP grain free one that was easily purchased in Woolworths.

The dog are doing just as well as when they were on the Wellness.

• 1 month later...

Only one place in Australia stocks it.... ;)

I am getting a bag tomorrow when at work, will see how it goes.

So it's in store now Teebs? Ooooohhhh! I'll have to pick some up :D

N

Ben and Jerry its supposed to be pretty good....

The only placee I have seen it is in Petbarn...I bought quite a few bags for my cats and dogs as their online store had 25% off sale on all wellness ( and Cat formualr for cats and Dog of dogs ):p but for my dogs I give them mainly Raw....but more or so give kibble as "snacks"

I know all dogs are different, but TOTW didn't suit my lot at all. They did the most foul farts I have ever smelt in my life - at one stage, I thought there must be a toxic gas leak and we left the house. We then had to evacuate the car as I realised the smell was coming from them. True story.

Same here with my Lab. She has way too much diarrhoea and farts. Coat was also getting bad. Had to stop the Wellness Supermix for large breed and also the one for Senior.

I've had Mini on Wellness chicken (something) and she doesn't like it. She loves chicken but seems to prefer Holistic Select fish. She'll eat the Wellness but will pick around it to get to her (steamed) chicken. It's at least better than the Proplan Sensitive which she wouldn't touch. #fussybluegirl

I know all dogs are different, but TOTW didn't suit my lot at all. They did the most foul farts I have ever smelt in my life - at one stage, I thought there must be a toxic gas leak and we left the house. We then had to evacuate the car as I realised the smell was coming from them. True story.

Same here with my Lab. She has way too much diarrhoea and farts. Coat was also getting bad. Had to stop the Wellness Supermix for large breed and also the one for Senior.

Are you referring to TOTW or Wellness?? My dog disliked the Wellness.

Edited by Rosetta

Are you referring to TOTW or Wellness?? My dog disliked the Wellness.

Wellness. The 2 distinct bags I bought (senior and large breed, I think) contain questionable looking pellets. It's like as if it was 'rottened'. They look discoloured and perhaps it's because the BEST BEFORE DATE was near. I don't know. Petbarn was kind enough to accept it back as money refund. Can't complain.