Introducing Rolf!

Seeing as I mostly hide out in the breed subforums these days, most of you won't know I have a new 'puppy'. OH and I were planning to come to Sydney and Melbourne to meet some breeders in October/November with a view to getting our first pure great dane puppy, but fate stepped in. We're still coming over, but it will now just be a holiday. :)

Meet Rolf, a 2yo great dane, rehomed because his owners were shipped overseas for work. I have now had him for two weeks and absolutely love him to pieces :)

At the dane beach meet on Saturday his recall to me was already good enough for him to be off leash :)

Rolfavatar2.jpg

Rolf with my cats (he'd never seen a cat before and this was taken on the first night :D)

DSCN2359.jpg

Rolf and Ella (pic taken on his third night home)

DSCN2385.jpg

I'm proud as punch!

EFS

Edited by hortfurball

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks :D Very lucky indeed! He is just the perfect dog for our household and fits like a glove :) except for a tendency to tromple garden beds, but I'm sure he'll learn the new rules eventually.

Joely (the black and white cat) already bosses him. Indi never will, she's too sweet to boss anybody, she just smooches him. Both cats mill around amongst his legs at mealtimes with no fear and Ella thinks I got him just for her! It's lovely to see them all getting along so well. :heart:

Great looking pooch. The original owners must be ecstatic they found such a great household

I agree. It would have been very stressful to have to leave your dog behind for work but at least they can be assured he is in a great home. He is gorgeous!

Aww he is just gorgeous, congrats! How wonderful that he is getting along so well with the rest of the family :D

I agree wholeheartedly. Amazing that everyone has accepted him so well. My cat Blossom who looks remarkably like your Indi would be very wary & hiss & spit at him. She's such a bitch. :D

What a gorgeous boy!! :love:

And he looks so gentle too! Love the photo of the kitty kisses its so sweet. He certainly looks like he's made himself at home.

I'm really happy things have worked out well for you. It looks like he's always been a part of your life!!