Need A Rescue Group In Queensland (mackay)

You're rehoming your rescued dog...so in answer to your question, no there doesn't need to be nearby rescue groups because he is your dog and you are responsible for him if it doesn't work out. Same as if I sent a dog hundreds of km's away. Always have a plan to take them back.

Have you organised a yard check before sending him? That should be your first question to rescues in the area.

& I'd be approaching local rescue by phone rather than email or forum. They will need to know details like temperament, health, vetwork etc before committing to anything. There is a group in that area.

Edited by Powerlegs

You're rehoming your rescued dog...so in answer to your question, no there doesn't need to be nearby rescue groups because he is your dog and you are responsible for him if it doesn't work out. Same as if I sent a dog hundreds of km's away. Always have a plan to take them back.

Have you organised a yard check before sending him? That should be your first question to rescues in the area.

& I'd be approaching local rescue by phone rather than email or forum. They will need to know details like temperament, health, vetwork etc before committing to anything. There is a group in that area.

Which rescue group are you fostering for? They should have procedures and policies to follow, surely?

Edited by dogmad

Which rescue group are you fostering for? They should have procedures and policies to follow, surely?

All sorted...

Edited by luvmypet