Whippet Won't Gain Weight

Woops, Stan's Mum didn't mean it that way - I've had a Whippet and Min Pins for years and know how the weight can drop off if they are ones who really can't stand the cold. No hope of putting weight on a recovering dog if they are cold.

mumtoshelley - I'd check with your sister before adding anything different to what is being fed now. If Misty is on the recommended diet of good food and small meals frequently then she will be fine I'm sure. Your sister is keeping a record of weight and meals and keeping her warm for 2 weeks then going back to the Vet if necessary.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it interesting that people are jumping up and down presuming this dog is on deaths doorstep when no-one has actually seen her.

People are relying on what MumtoShelley is telling them. And what she's saying (as usual) changes constantly.

She's either spinning a yarn of monumental proportions or one of the best trolls this place has ever seen.

Frankly I have no idea which. :shrug:

I find it interesting that people are jumping up and down presuming this dog is on deaths doorstep when no-one has actually seen her.

People are relying on what MumtoShelley is telling them. And what she's saying (as usual) changes constantly.

She's either spinning a yarn of monumental proportions or one of the best trolls this place has ever seen.

Me either :(

Yes, one persons (somewhat ever-changing) word..

From what I have gathered - the dog had a stomach upset (presumed gastro as she never saw the vet), has lost some weight and has thrown up a few times (usually after being given something rich or random by the owner or her sister). Sounds pretty average to me?? Or have I missed something??