1 Male Boxer Needing Rescue

A friend has just been in contact with me. Her health has been very poor of late and now she has to move house urgently and is unable to take her two purebred boxers, 1 male and 1 female. They are both 5-6 yrs old, female is very social (with people and gets on with other dogs) and active - loves to play ball. Is good on lead. Whilst mostly an outside dog would love to come inside.

Male - Loves people and enjoys a game of fetch. Great house dog but is happy to wait for his owners to come home from work if he is in the backyard. Never known him to dig up the garden or chew shoes. Can be a little aloof at times but will be your best friend when you are working on your computer as he just loves being with people. Best suited to a single dog family or a family with a younger and similar sized female dog as he sometimes doesn’t understand that he is so big and his play can be a little rough. Good on the lead and sits and shakes hands. Loves his toys.

She is very upset that she needs to rehome them. They need to find something by next weekend (26 May). If anyone has any ideas, please PM me. They are located near Yass, NSW (not far from ACT).

Raelene

Edited by Raelene

Save Our Strays really are Boxer Rescue - they actually take the dogs and find them new homes. They've always got Boxers there, they are commonly dumped these days.

Can't beleive anyone is keeping a short coated dog outside in the Canberra area, far too cold.

I will ask them if they have anyone waiting for a Boxer at the moment.

Hi Sheridan

Dog was taken on from elderly person who went into a home. The breeder has been contacted but wasn't "receptive" shall we say.

He is listed with both NSW and VIC Boxer clubs.

R

Ned is a stunning male purebred Boxer, 5-7 years. Ned’s owner is very reluctantly needing to place him in a new home due to her ill health and moving into a house where she is unable to take him.

Ned loves people and enjoys a game of fetch. He is a great house dog but is happy to wait for his owners to come home from work if he is in the backyard. He has never been known to dig up the garden or chew shoes. Can be a little aloof at times but will be your best friend when you are working on your computer as he just loves being with people. Best suited to a single dog family or a family with a younger and similar-sized female dog as he sometimes doesn’t understand that he is so big and his play can be a little rough. He is good on the lead and has good basic training, he can sit and shakes hands and loves to go for a ride in the car. He adores his toys, especially his squeaky duck. Ned is a first-class heater hog and a great companion!

I do have a couple more photos of him but they are too big to put on here.

Even tho' it's another state, why not contact the Rescue Service of the Boxer Club of Q'ld? They could know of someone waiting to adopt a Boxer in need.

In fact, that Rescue says that they will 'act as matchmakers'. Ned is so beautiful and stunning & from a well-cared for background. I'd imagine any Boxer lover would be very interested in him.

By the way, my tibbies came up to us in Brisbane from Canberra, as mature adults.

Contact details for Boxer Rescue Q'ld on the Club site:

http://www.qldboxerclub.org/rescue.htm