Collapsing Trachea - Very Bad

Great news Yellowgirl. I was just coming in to message you privately after reading this thread previously and shocked at how some of the DOLer's were encouraging PTS and thought I should at least tell you of a Trachi homeopathic remedy that I know to have been used successfully. I just thought it might have been worth a go in this desperate situation. Glad to hear there is more to the condition and that it can be treated :thumbsup:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lavendergirl
:thumbsup: Will continue sending good vibes that the medication works for Raffi. Hope you don't have too much trouble getting the antibiotics into him. Just goes to show that its worthwhile getting a second opinion before doing anything drastic.

:thumbsup: Wow I was dreadomg reading your last post but now I will join you in a happy dance :cheer:

I do hope he continues to improve, I was amazed at the difference in your vid with the pressure point massage.

Wishing you continued luck with Raffi.

Thank you Kadbury :)

Oh god, I just read through this whole thread with my heart in my mouth. I never thought I'd be so glad to read about a misdiagnosis! Brilliant news :thumbsup:

It's good to be able to read it all at once from beginning to end hey Alkhe? :)

Well, :happydance: just don't trip over any dogs :p

heehee Pers :)

Super news... :thumbsup:

I think so too Staffyluv :D

Very pleased to hear it. Makes you want to slap the emergency vet though.

Glad you're pleased HW

So pleased to hear that fabulous news :thumbsup: Agree with HDW though re the emergency vet though :noidea:

You might be able to sleep a bit easier tonight. Very happy :happydance:

Really looking forward to a good sleep tonight BC Crazy :)

Great news

Now you both can sleep easier tonight :thumbsup:

Please give the handsome boy a cuddle from me

Will absolutely pass on some cuddles for you Hollys mummy :)

Great news Yellowgirl. I was just coming in to message you privately after reading this thread previously and shocked at how some of the DOLer's were encouraging PTS and thought I should at least tell you of a Trachi homeopathic remedy that I know to have been used successfully. I just thought it might have been worth a go in this desperate situation. Glad to hear there is more to the condition and that it can be treated :thumbsup:

Thank you Chocolate, I'd still be interested in seeing the homeopathic information if you'd like to send it to me. I've had quite a few conversations with others over the weekend who've been in this situation with their dogs and it may be of help to others. Also, we won't know the extent of the damage to Raffi's trachea until we get rid of the infection, so there may still be some issues that need to be managed. Can never have too much information :)

:thumbsup: Will continue sending good vibes that the medication works for Raffi. Hope you don't have too much trouble getting the antibiotics into him. Just goes to show that its worthwhile getting a second opinion before doing anything drastic.

That's all I wanted lavendergirl, a second opinion from my own vet. Thank you for your support :)

Here's a pic of the sweet little bloke xxx

post-27383-0-72567200-1337589935_thumb.jpg

Yay Jo, hugs to you and dear little Raffi for going through such a bloody hard time. I'm so glad he will be with us a while longer. :)

Thanks dogmad :) I can't tell you how happy I am to have him here still :D

What a gorgeous little man :) He is very lucky to have you.

Thank you kayla1 :)

Lurking in the background, following your thread and holding my breath at the same time, YellowGirl. Good on you for perserverance and for keeping a steady and calm approach to this. I wouldn't be impressed with the emergency vet for not picking up on the bronchial infection, but so glad your general Vet did. This dog just wouldn't know how close she could have been to not being here. Congratulations to you - you stood strong. Not that others didn't want anything other than what they thought was best for the dog - they could only go on what was written. But you could see and hear the dog first hand and you stood fast on your opinion based on exactly that.

And now .................. I will start breathing again, lol.

Lurking in the background, following your thread and holding my breath at the same time, YellowGirl. Good on you for perserverance and for keeping a steady and calm approach to this. I wouldn't be impressed with the emergency vet for not picking up on the bronchial infection, but so glad your general Vet did. This dog just wouldn't know how close she could have been to not being here. Congratulations to you - you stood strong. Not that others didn't want anything other than what they thought was best for the dog - they could only go on what was written. But you could see and hear the dog first hand and you stood fast on your opinion based on exactly that.

And now .................. I will start breathing again, lol.

Thanks Erny :). To be totally fair to the people who had suggested (some more forcefully than others) that Raffi be pts, I had originally posted a video of him coughing. He was very tired and still coughing and his struggle at the time was obvious and upsetting, so I do understand why some people thought it might be too much for him. For some reason, the Youtube version was really bad quality and it was very distorted with colour bars going through it so I removed it, and also to be honest I thought it might make people think that he was like this the whole time, hence the suggestions to pts.

Glad you're breathing again ... me too :)

Yay I am glad it is good news! :happydance:

Thanks as always for your support kiwibum :)

that's good news!

A very long, upsetting night, but yes, couldn't be happier with the outcome Kirislin :)

How is Raffi feeling today? Any improvement?

Hey lavendergirl, thank for asking :) Raffi is SOOO much better! :thumbsup: . Still has a few coughs, but that's to be expected while he's recovering. The antibiotics are working and he is much more comfortable. He had a lovely potter around the backyard in the sunshine yesterday afternoon. It was beautiful to see him up and about and not coughing every 10 minutes. I watched him through the kitchen window for ages just enjoying himself smelling the flowers and walking around. And yes I cried while he was doing it ...lol

Guest donatella

Has he barked at anything yet? If he's done that then you know he's truly on the mend, no Pom can resist a good bark!

Has he barked at anything yet? If he's done that then you know he's truly on the mend, no Pom can resist a good bark!

He's actually a very quiet little Pom, donatella. Although maybe that's because he'd been so sick ... we shall see :)

Really happy for you both.........so glad it is better news than trachea collapse :thumbsup:

Was just wondering if anyone knows anything about the homeopathic treatment for trachea collapse that was mentioned in an earlier post? I did PM Chocolate but haven't heard back yet (I know everyone's busy & understand) & am so eager to see if there is something more I can do for my 2 oldies with trache collapse?

If anyone can fill me in that would be soooo appreciated.

You are truly wonderful yellowgirl. You never give up and that is inspiring to me. So glad little Raffi is feeling much better and I have been silently following this thread. I did watch your video and was amazed at your pressure point massage how quickly it helped. Continued success in all you do :)

Really happy for you both.........so glad it is better news than trachea collapse :thumbsup:

Was just wondering if anyone knows anything about the homeopathic treatment for trachea collapse that was mentioned in an earlier post? I did PM Chocolate but haven't heard back yet (I know everyone's busy & understand) & am so eager to see if there is something more I can do for my 2 oldies with trache collapse?

If anyone can fill me in that would be soooo appreciated.

I know you would definitely understand how happy I am right now esky! :D I'm sorry I haven't replied to your PM yet, I will do that in just a minute. I'd be interested in any other remedies too, so if you do hear back from Chocolate could you let me know too please?

You are truly wonderful yellowgirl. You never give up and that is inspiring to me. So glad little Raffi is feeling much better and I have been silently following this thread. I did watch your video and was amazed at your pressure point massage how quickly it helped. Continued success in all you do :)

That's so incredibly sweet of you stans mum but I'm sure that if anyone else had this precious little guy in their care they would have done exactly the same thing and given him every chance possible. My rescues are just as important and as much loved as my own dogs and little Raffi is so worth everything I can do for him :) Thank you for your support and your kind words.

... you can follow Raffi's updates on our facebook page xx