Cookie - Dumped Kitten

How is Cookie today? Hoping to hear some improvement for her

She's about the same as far as her legs are concerned, though they did feel like they had a little bit more spring in them when I held her body with one hand and sat her back feet on my other hand. I'll try them again shortly.

Last night she had a bit of a runny nose and gunky eye but this morning seems alot better. The last thing she needs is the cat flu. :(

She's eaten well, had plenty of milk and water, done a few wee's but hasn't done a no. 2 yet today.

She's in good spirits and bright eyed though. She was purring so loudly when she was getting her ear rubs at 3 this morning and rubbing her little head into my hand. :o

I got up again every 2 hours last night (I set my alarm) to change her hot water bottle and to give her a drink. She was pleased to see me each time.

Eta pics to come in a minute. I meant to upload some last night.

Edited by k9angel

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being bright and happy at the head end means nothing in comparison to pain and quality of life. I know you invest your heart K9Angel but I do hope you can find it to make a decision if need be.

I will make that decision if need be Redangel and will do right by her.

On a brighter note, Mum just dropped in and saw Cookie for the first time since the other night. She couldn't believe the difference and also, while Mum was here, Cookie stretched out her back legs for the first time since she's been here. I hadn't seen her do that before. :thumbsup:

Guest donatella

Good on you, you really are an animal angel!

I have everything crossed for this kitty.

the things I'd like to do to her perpetrator grrrrr *shakes head*

Taken yesterday afternoon. You can see how skinny she is. :(

7247197188_fd52aea644.jpg

Taken today

7247213688_c9faedfd73.jpg

You can see her left eye is still a little gunky. I have been bathing it.

7247209600_361d27a037.jpg

7247203484_5f62e9894f.jpg

7247288274_83392f6e19.jpg

7247293426_3f965dc5b7.jpg

7247299798_7a7fd5b949.jpg

Jasmine is quiet concerned for Cookie and will often sit close by or pop her head in the basket to make sure she's ok. :heart:

7247311110_e0138b44cf.jpg

She sure is a cutie...

She looks pretty comfortable considering what she's been through. If she has a chance at all, you are the one who will see her right methinks.

As for your description of Bailey talking to her - he sounds like he's following nicely in his big brother's footsteps there... you must be so proud of them both...

T.

She sure is a cutie...

She looks pretty comfortable considering what she's been through. If she has a chance at all, you are the one who will see her right methinks.

As for your description of Bailey talking to her - he sounds like he's following nicely in his big brother's footsteps there... you must be so proud of them both...

T.

Aww ta T. :)

And yes I am very proud of my boys. Both have turned out very compassionate & caring animal lovers. :heart:

A quick update on Cookie while I am here, she just had some yummy bbq'd lamb cutlets for dinner, cut up very small and off the bone ofcoarse and OMG, did she go berko for it! :thumbsup:

She just stretched her legs again and did a little poo. :thumbsup:

I was starting to worry as she hadn't done one all day and she's eaten a fair bit. It was a healthy looking one too. I never thought I'd see the day I'd be excited over a cat poo, but I am today. :)

Being bright and happy at the head end means nothing in comparison to pain and quality of life. I know you invest your heart K9Angel but I do hope you can find it to make a decision if need be.

I will make that decision if need be Redangel and will do right by her.

On a brighter note, Mum just dropped in and saw Cookie for the first time since the other night. She couldn't believe the difference and also, while Mum was here, Cookie stretched out her back legs for the first time since she's been here. I hadn't seen her do that before. :thumbsup:

Hoping things go well for Cookie, I think if you asked for xrays your vet should have honored your request. I dont see it was unreasonable request on your part. Glad to hear some you see some improvement & that on revisit the vet will be more proactive.

She looks amazing from the first lot of pics, she is holding her head up which is a good sign as well, well done to you and your family, I am not a cat person but she does deserve to get through this and lead a normal life.

Maree

CPR

Update on Cookie;

She continues to do well in regards to her eating, drinking, toileting. :)

This morning after she had her brekky she tried to get up on her all fours. I noticed this time though, her back legs were moving, they just didn't have the strength to support her - whereas before when she'd try to get up they were just floppy. :thumbsup:

oh such great news K9a!

how is her back looking, is there an obvious deviation in her spine? could she perhaps have been just so malnourished she had muscle dystrophy and is now slowly building her strength back up?