Cookie - Dumped Kitten

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so so sorry to have to write this, but Cookie was put to rest tonight. She passed peacefully in my arms. :cry: :cry: :cry:

The vet did further Xrays this afternoon and it turned out Cookie had been shot with an air rifle. :cry: The pellet shattered her spine and was still lodged in her chest. :cry: I saw the x-rays and could not believe my eye's. There was nothing that could be done for her.

She was so happy to see me when I arrived and purred and held her little head against my hand as she passed. It's so unfair. :cry:

It explains the little gash she had on her neck. They obviously did try to drown her afterwards then. :cry::mad

When I got back from the vet the kids came running to the door all excited thinking Cookie was home. :cry::cry: :cry:

They loved her and she loved them. :( Cookie was a special little cat who touched all our hearts. I will never forget that little face. :cry:

R.I.P. beautiful little Cookie xxx :rainbowbridge: Run and play and chase all the mice & butterflies you like across the Rainbow bridge.

Know you will be dearly missed and never forgotten. x :heart: x :heart: x :cry:

7293618200_06c9464c63.jpg

A huge thankyou again to everyone for all your support. It means the world to me and I am sure it would of to Cookie too. :thanks: We did our best, but sadly it wasn't to be. :cry:

K9angel Hugs to you. I have become attached to Cookie without even meeting her at all. I think you need to do what you think is best. Trust your gut and your heart. If you want to keep fighting for her as you have seen improvement then get a second opinion. Please know that we will all support you whatever your decision is. I"m just so thankful that she felt some love in her life but I hope she continues to fight and get stronger.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

OMG Rach Hugs to you. I'm sooo sorry for your loss.

Cookie Rest in Peace little one.

May you be free of pain and remember you were loved by so many.

To the people who inflicted such pain on a helpless animal. I hope Karma catches up with you one day. Cookie didn't deserve this treatment :cry:

Wtf, someone shot a kitten with an air rifle?

I have no words :o

*hugs*

Yes Minimax. They shot her. :cry: That was my first thought too, I didn't believe it until I saw the pellet still in her. :cry: She was only a baby, what kind of person could do that? seriously? :cry:

And I wonder how many others they have shot at? :mad:(

:cry: why is it I can't stop crying for Cookie tonight, poor beautiful girl didn't deserve that.

:eek: who shoots a defence less kitten with an air rifle? F#cken gutless assh%les

I am so sorry for you Rach and your boys, thinking of you tonight, however it was a miracle that Cookie first found your mum and then you and your beautiful family

RIP Cookie, hope your running free across the bridge

Poor baby some people are just scum, I hope they get whats coming to them. But on the other hand some people are just beautiful like you Rachel and your family thank you so much for the love you and the boys gave Cookie this week it is so heart breaking that this has happened but at least she had you guys to show her some love in her short life, I am so sorry I never got to send her the toys but please still pm me your address as I would still like to send you something.

Melissa xxx

RIP Little Cookie, many people loved you even tho we never got to meet you. xxx

Bad leakage of the eyes now must go.

RIP our brave little innocent Cookie, you WILL NEVER EVER BE FORGOTTEN, Hugs and more hugs to you Rach and family who showed this beautiful brave girl how much she was loved and how special she was. I cannot write anymore as I am crying too much

Oh dear. I can't believe it. Poor little Cookie :cry: This is just the most tragic thing I think I have ever heard.

I am at a loss for words & I have such an ache in my heart. To think someone actually SHOT her then tried to bloody drown her. It is just too much for me to get my head around. I'm too upset.

K9 angel I think you do an amazing job & I'm so sorry for your loss. You tried everything you could & at least little miss Cookie knew what is was NOT to feel hungry or cold.

For the first time in her very short life to feel so loved & so content she just had to purr. All thanks to you, your huge heart & lovely family K9 angel :flower:

Go play & run free little miss Cookie girl :rainbowbridge: No one can EVER hurt you again. You'll be so sadly missed & never forgotten. You have touched so many hearts you sweet, special girl.

Edited by BC Crazy

Oh crap. :( I was hoping to hear she was doing better, but what a horrible thing to do to a kitten :mad :mad

You gave her love in her final moments. From the sounds of it she never truly had love in her life, at least she died knowing what love is.

I would also report this to the local police when you feel up to it. They may have had similar reports in the area and need more cases before they can pursue (or something)

I have no words.....just utter disbelief :cry: Thank God your mum found her and she could pass in your arms knowing love,warmth and comfort.I'm so sorry K9a :( RIP Cookie :rainbowbridge: brave little one,you will not be forgotten.Big hugs to you and the boys.

Very very sorry to hear about Cookie, but glad she knew love, warmth & a full belly before she passed.

There are some truly sick people out there. I once found a lamb that had been shot through the neck & been left laying in a paddock for 3 days becoming maggot infested before I found her, what sickos shoot a lamb??!! She improved lots in the time I had her & drank her bottle with gusto but sadly also had to be pts about a week later in similar circumstances, at least she knew love. I've also come across a young roo that was shot in the head but left to hop around for 3 weeks before being humanely euthanased. If people are going to kill animals there are far more humane ways of doing it!

Anyway, thank you for doing what you did for her & giving her a loving home before she left this world. RIP Cookie :heart: :heart:

I would also report this to the local police when you feel up to it. They may have had similar reports in the area and need more cases before they can pursue (or something)

I second this, a few years back several pet cats were admitted to our local vet with gunshot wounds.

Sorry for your loss, Cookie was a beautiful soul :cry:

So sorry to hear this, there are scum out there wh hate cats, one reason I will only sell my kittens to indoor only homes, the world out there can be sick. RIP Cookie, at least you got to know true love and care from K9angel, who showed she is also a feline angel too, run high and free over the bridge, and know how many lives you touched in such a short time with your struggle. Your absense will be felt.