Cookie - Dumped Kitten

I have read this thread with hope that's turned to sadness. I am so sorry about Cookie.

I hope that karma gets the SCUM that did this to her and that they suffer a cold, painful death. Unlike Cookie who found peace and love with you and your family.

Sending you hugs at this horrible time.

RIP lovely Cookie.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

K9Angel I was so sad and upset to hear about what happened to Little Miss Cookie. I cannot believe that anybody could be so evil and pathetic to do such a thing to a poor, defenceless little kitten. I could not stop crying when I read your post.

Cookie has touched so many hearts over the last week and I guess because everyone was just willing her to live is part of the reason that it now seems so very unbelievable that she has gone. The way in which you have loved and cared for Cookie over the last week is testament to the beautiful, loving person you must be and that little kitten just lapped up your unconditional love over the last few days, like mother's milk.

It's no surprise Cookie was so glad to see you when you came in to see her at the vets this afternoon. She loved you unconditionally, as you loved her, and I am so relieved and comforted by the fact her last moments were with you, warm and loved and safe in your arms where she wanted to be. What you gave to Cookie transcends words or reason and was simply pure, selfless love. Cookie will love you forever for it and would be thanking you for all you did to save her and that you showed her what real love is. I hope you can take some comfort in knowing you gave her something very special. An amazing effort K9Angel. You are a truly beautiful person. I know because Cookie told us all every day over the last week in her videos where she did everything she could to get her legs working for you. She is a brave and beautiful girl who we will never forget.

On another note, I think it would be good if the police knew what had happened because my understanding is that air-rifles are illegal and certainly shooting animals is outlawed and a criminal offence, not to mention horrendously, unacceptably cruel. If nothing else, it might prevent another animal from having to suffer being shot by some horrible, unfeeling person with severe behavioural problems.

Thank you so much for what you tried to do for Cookie over the last week. It gives me some hope that there is still some goodness and love in such a mean world.

You get my vote for Australian of the year xox

OMG Rach, words fail me but the tears are flowing for you, your precious children and that poor defenceless kitten who didn't deserve this. The one positive out of all this is that for the past week, she knew what it meant to be loved and love in return... fly free Cookie, you've touched all our hearts.

Guest Wildthing

My heart goes out to you and the boys and also to Cookie. She has gone to a better place where she will be able to run free and play without any pain having know pure unconditional love. Very sad time for everyone that was reading and hoping for a miracle.

I'm so sorry about Cookie. I know you didn't pull the trigger but I feel sick that it took 9 days to get a clearly unwell animal to a vet. :(

She did go to the vet but they didn't want to xray her then !!! they wanted to wait maybe you should read the whole story !

Guest Clover

Thankyou for taking the poor mite in K9Angel :(. It makes me sick to think that she has lived like this the past week though and not taken care of sooner. Rip little one, no more pain now.

Poor little brave kitten. That's just bloody sick. I haven't read all the posts but will you report it to the police and RSPCA. I realise there's nothing they can do for Cookie but she might not be the only one, and if the numbers are mounting up perhaps they will. At least it will be on record.

Awful to think that often young people who torture animals grow up to be violent with people.

I'm also sorry that clearly the vets made the wrong call in their decision not to xray at the beginning. Cookie suffered and now so are you and your kids.

Edited by Kirislin