Cookie - Dumped Kitten

I cried myself to sleep thinking about little miss Cookie :cry: I'm sure I would not of been alone there. She was such a brave girl. No wonder she was hissing at you when you first went near her.

She must have been so very frightened. It's just sickening to think of what had happened to her. What is wrong with people. How could they think that this is O.K. to hurt & torment a poor defenceless kitten.

It just begger's belief. I am numb emotionally today just thinking about it. I do believe in karma though so I can only hope it happens very soon to those responsible for this horrific, cowardly act :mad:(

Edited by BC Crazy

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no Rach that's just awful, bloody awful. Poor Cookie,

as others have said, at least she knew love in the end.

Massive hugs to you and your family Rach, you went above and beyond and take solace in the fact you did everything you possibly could for Cookie including holding her to the very end. :hug:

Run free beautiful Cookie :rainbowbridge:

I've no words Rach... thank you for giving cookie all that love in the time that you had her. Kudos to you and run free little Cookie, pain free and running and chasing and playing and purring :rainbowbridge:

Poor little thing at least she is no longer suffering. I would be getting a vet report and going straight to the police and media so that a warning can hopefully be given to residents about making sure their pets are kept contained in their own yards. I am completely shocked that a vet wouldn't do an xray earlier especially if the kitten had shown partial or full paralysis

oh no I have just caught up with this news. I can't believe I am crying for a little homeless waif. I am usually much tougher then this but Cookie really touched my heart.

Thank you K9Angel for doing all you could.

RIP little Cookie :cry:

Oh no ,I came to read expecting some progress........Little Cookie play in heaven ,no pain now just joy .

.:rainbowbridge:

I would put her story in the local paper;Someone may know or suspect who did this and come forward or at least make the monster who did this squirm.

Report this to Police too.

Guest donatella

The scary thing is you have these scum bags in your neighborhood. Rip cookie, she had it good until the end, thank you for caring for her till the end.

I have contacted the police, they cannot do anything and told me to report it to the RSPCA which I did.

The RSPCA couldn't do much (as we don't have any info/leads on who done it), but still took details (an intel?) incase other cases are reported, then an investigation will be done.

I have contacted my local paper and waiting for the editor to call me back. I am even thinking of printing out leaflets warning people and doing a letterbox drop of the surrounding streets because I am sure it would of been a local. :(

And I will also be contacting a few of the local vets incase they've had any cases bought in.

I am missing little Cookie lots. :cry:

Last night before bed Jack says to me "When's Cookie coming home?" :(

Then he went and sat infront of the heater where we used to sit with Cookie and he wheeled her little trolley out from under Baileys train table. He pulled out all her things, her blankies and hot water bottle covers and then her toys. He looked at them, looked at me and burst into tears. It broke my heart. :cry: I just cuddled him and told him Cookie was ok now. :cry: He took her toys to bed with him to keep them warm. :(

The first thing he did when he got in from school yesterday was go running to her room to see if she was there despite me telling him on the way home that she was still at the vets and that I had to go get her.

We were all expecting her to come home yesterday when I left to pick her up but when I got to the vet and the nurse says to me "Has the vet spoke to you yet?" I knew it was bad. Then when I went in to the consult room and she put the xrays up - I was speechless. I knew in that instant, Cookie was not coming home. :cry:

I asked to see her and the vet took me down to her. Cookie recognised my voice straight away and as soon as they put her on the table, she started purring. I asked the vet if there was anything, anything at all that could be done for her and she said no. Not even with the pellet removed, the damage was too great.

I told Cookie how sorry I was and how much we loved her as I cradled her little head and she drifted to sleep. :cry:

The editor of my local paper has called me back. She is coming out on Monday to get more info/and a pic (of a pic) of Cookie and is going to run a story in next weeks edition of our local paper. She got back to me very quickly and was very helpful.

I am going to ask her to make mention that the police and RSPCA have both been contacted in regards to the incident.

The editor of my local paper has called me back. She is coming out on Monday to get more info/and a pic (of a pic) of Cookie and is going to run a story in next weeks edition of our local paper. She got back to me very quickly and was very helpful.

I am going to ask her to make mention that the police and RSPCA have both been contacted in regards to the incident.

As well as maybe helping to catch the lowlives, a media report may also give closure if some family has been missing her.

It's been a long while since I have been reduced to tears by a post. I remember in the 70's my own cat developed an ulcer and the vet said there were a lot of air rifle injuries coming in. Sure enough, she had a pellet in her thigh, but fortunately surgery in her case was successful.

I was so impressed by your level of care, K9Angel. I think I will write you into my will if I have any elderly or ill ones when I am hit by that bus...

Such a sad, sad story.

I'm glad poor Cookie was able to have someone to care for her as well as you did.

It is nice to know there are such compassionate, caring people around.

:flower:

Sorry to read the turn of events. What pain poor Cookie may have endured all this time. At least Cookie is no longer suffering & is at peace now. I would have been highly critical of the vet care (had it been my vet)offered in this case, as I would have expected my own vet to have done xrays as I requested in order to show me why there was nothing they could do. No pain relief no initial x rays and what followup. I express my frustration as to why the kitten couldnt have had more medical help. I have felt this kitten could have been hospitalized from day one and given a fuller examination. I would be seriously doubting why my vet in the same situation if he waited to do xrays so long. Perhaps this vet had a reason. I feel this shouldnt have gone undiagnosed as long as it did. Unless kitty was taken AMA I feel like the treating vet didnt do Cookie any favors by waiting so long to xray first up. But in respect I was not privy to to the conversation in the examining room & have commented only on what K9 has offered in explanation. That being said I stand by what K9Angel & her vet chose to do and supported her & her vet by paying towards treatment of this kitten.

Poor Cookie such an innocent who didnt deserve what this world gave you.

Condolences to yourself & Jack for your sadness.

Edited by redangel

Poor little mite, I agree that it was good that she had some love in her last days but the vet should have done an xray to start with. It's not the same vet that you and I discussed is it? Having this result is so very hard on you, much harder than if it had been at the beginning. Thank you for trying so hard for a little one in trouble. I hope the publicity will ensure the evil people who shot her, get their just desserts.