Cookie - Dumped Kitten

Just for the record...

I love what k9angel has done.

I am old but when I grow up I want to be as compassionate, as humane, as generous as she has been.

Top marks in my books k9angel.

I'll second that...

T.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read the first dozen pages of this thread when Cookie seemed to be getting better. reading the finale, I'm a grown man, not at all a cat person, crying like a baby.

I'm so glad that Cookie knew love before the end.

I hope there's a heaven. because I know the biblical notion that animals don't have souls is rubbish - my heaven will be full of beautiful animals. I'm sure cookie is there :'(

I read the first dozen pages of this thread when Cookie seemed to be getting better. reading the finale, I'm a grown man, not at all a cat person, crying like a baby.

I'm so glad that Cookie knew love before the end.

I hope there's a heaven. because I know the biblical notion that animals don't have souls is rubbish - my heaven will be full of beautiful animals. I'm sure cookie is there :'(

Cookie touched so many hearts. :heart:

I admitt I wasn't a cat person either, until I met Cookie.

Cookie not only touched my heart, but she opened my eye's aswell. I think differently now when I see a cat in the street. :heart:

I know Cookie's story was sad and bought many to tears but it had to be told.

No animal deserves to be shot and left for dead like that. :( I just hope the person who pulled the trigger - gets theirs and some. I really do. I imagine they would of went about life as normal afterwards and I bet they even slept well that night, while little Cookie was left to fight for her life. :mad They probably even bragged to their friends about it afterwards, nothing would surprise me anymore. :(

And I for one, do believe there is a heaven... where all our beautiful animals and loved one's await us and we get to start all over again. :angel:

Sorry to read the turn of events. What pain poor Cookie must have endured all this time. At least Cookie is no longer suffering & is at peace now. I would be as highly critical of the vet care offered in this case. No pain relief which should have been mandatory, no x rays and poor followup. This kitten should have been hospitalized from day one and given a full examination. Shameful. I would be seriously doubting this vet practice. This shouldnt have gone undiagnosed as long as it did. Unless kitty was taken AMA I feel like the treating vet didnt do Cookie any favors.

Poor Cookie such an innocent who didnt deserve what this world gave you.

Condolences to yourself & Jack for your sadness.

Maybe you should ring the vet and mention to him/her what you have put on here about the care that Cookie didn't get.

Just for the record...

I love what k9angel has done.

I am old but when I grow up I want to be as compassionate, as humane, as generous as she has been.

Top marks in my books k9angel.

That's + 1 from me too ! K9angel you did everything humanly possible for Cookie girl. She was pts with the kindness of your hands holding her. So she was set free without feeling cold, hungry or frightened. She was surrounded by love.

Much more dignified than a shopping trolley, on her own. As someone else said you don't have to justify your actions to anyone. Animals are very stoic & you can never exactly tell what is wrong or if they are in pain at times.

I too believe in "my" heaven filled with all my beautiful animals that have passed & lots of new ones.

As for the culprits that did this unspeakable , horrific act to Cookie, they will be as far away from "my" heaven as possible, HELL & that would be too good for them.

Edited by BC Crazy

Keetamouse, I have taken your comment on board and think unless i was privy to what was discussed in the treatment room I can only comment on what I understand on K9Angels description of events. Thats what I tried to do. I have read my earlier post and believe that written whilst upset about Cookies demise I failed to rightly put my feelings in the right context and it seems rightly so I should note this & should be done. I was trying to put my feelings (if I was in the same situation with my own chosen vet)and it seems it was not written well enough to express this. I have not criticized K9 for her loving care of Cookie, she did all she could. If K9 feels this I have I will gladly speak to her about it.I will let you know that I have supported by way money this vet & K9 in treatment of little Cookie as I wanted the best for this kitten. It was upsetting to know Cookie had been put to sleep, I apologise for my emotions & how they muddied my intention to explain myself. Surely the fact I was happy to support the treatment of the vet of K9's choosing indicated I cared for all involved.

Everything went well with the editor/photographer today. I was so nervous about it but I kept looking at Cookie's photo and knew I had to put my nerves aside - it was something I had to do. If it makes just one person think twice about being cruel in the future, or leaving their cat out to roam, it's worth it. No animal deserves to go through what Cookie did in her short life. :(

The editor has been absolutely fantastic as was the photographer. I swear he had to of taken at least 500 photo's. But like he said, they tell the story. I also believe they can say so much more than words sometimes. He said the story *might* even make front page of the paper. I hope so, for Cookie's sake.

The editor has contacted the council, the RSPCA and I think the vet too.

David O'Shannessy - the chief inspector from the RSPCA (NSW) called me back about 20 minutes ago and there is now an offical complaint made. (he said the woman I spoke to the other day should of made it then).

Without an official complaint - they wouldn't of been able to plead with the public for information - but now they can. :thumbsup:

"We might get them yet Cookie" :crossfingers:

Really pleased all went well K9 Angel. I would of been very nervous too :o So thankful you pressed on cause we have to speak out for the ones without a voice.

Am looking forward to seeing the article. Will you be able to post the link for us please. "This ones for you Cookie" :thumbsup: God I hope we can get the b#*ta$d's who did this

horrific, unspeakable act :pray:

Edited by BC Crazy

Really pleased all went well K9 Angel. I would of been very nervous too :o So thankful you pressed on cause we have to speak out for the ones without a voice.

Am looking forward to seeing the article. Will you be able to post the link for us please. "This ones for you Cookie" :thumbsup: God I hope we can get the b#*ta$d's who did this

horrific, unspeakable act :pray:

I've done a few google searches and haven't found anything online yet. I have also been outside about 5 or 6 times to see if the paper has been delivered. It's usually dropped off today, but isn't there yet. It is raining out there too so not sure if that has anything to do with the delay.

I will update as soon as it gets here though.

You did good Rach. We may not catch the culprit, but if it means they don't do it again or at least one other person thinks twice before acting such a cruel act, there has been good done here.

We need more people like you around Rach. :flower:

RIP lil Cookie. :rainbowbridge: