Cookie - Dumped Kitten

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh my god K9angel. I don't understand people like that but I thank God that you are around. You and your son have the biggest hearts in the world. Sounds like when I found my girl. Although she was just bones and petrified. My vet thinks that someone tried to kill her in a bag or something but she is still with me and my vet is SOOO happy with her. He said she is perfect and she's no longer frightened of every sound, people etc.

How has the little kitty going now? What did your vet say?

Poor little baby. :( People are so cruel. Judging by it's colour, I'd say the little poppet is a SHE not a he. Looks like a blue (smoke?) tabby tortie. Keeping everything crossed she makes it xxx

Edited by taketwo

Good on you for taking him on!! I'm curious why your Mum left him in the trolley? I'm sure she had good reason, it just seems odd to walk away from a kitten in need and call someone else IYKWIM.

You probably already know but hot water bottle can cause serious internal burns, just make sure he can move away from it. He looks so gorgeous, is he tabby? :heart:

Sorry for delay updating. Weve been to the vet earlier today. It's not good news I am afraid. :(

The vet seems to think she (yes she is a she, I discovered that this morning when I checked properly), may have a broken back.

I explained how she seems to be getting stronger on her back legs and trying to stand on them (caught her today trying to get up) which she wasn't doing before, and he said to wait and see if there's any more improvement in the next 48hrs. I did ask about xrays but he said there wasn't much point as there wasn't much they could do for her. :(

If she's no better by the 48hrs or if she goes downhill beforehand, I'll be taking her back and giving her her wings. :cry:

She's eaten lots today and has continued to drink well. She looks 100% to what she did last night and seems happy despite her obvious injury. I even caught her playing today as she lay in her bed.

She's lapping up all this attention. She's a real little sweety, it's such a shame and so heartbreaking.

I take comfort in knowing she had some love at least, before she leaves this world. :cry:

Oh and we named her "Cookie". :heart:

I am still keeping everything crossed and hoping & praying for a miracle, but at the same time, I know her chances are slim, or as the vet put it "Grim". :(

Thanks again for all the well wishes guys, we can only hope for a miracle. :crossfingers:

I'm curious why your Mum left him in the trolley? I'm sure she had good reason

That was one of the first questions I asked her when she told me about the kitten. I was so angry with her. I asked her why she didn't pick her up and why she just left her there? She said she could barely look at her letalone touch her and that's why she came and told me. She saw that the kitten was wet and thought it was blood. (I feared the same when I first saw her and saw she was wet, it was too dark to see whether the wetness was blood or water).

Mum freaked out a bit I think and didn't know what to do. :(

Sad news indeed :(

What are her chances after 48 hours? If she has a broken back surely that time wont make a difference?

The reason he said to give her 48hrs was because I had seen some improvement in her today (trying to get up on her own and gone from just laying on her side to sitting upright on her belly).

If she had of been the same as what she was last night, we would of given her her wings today.

Maybe by some miracle she will improve more tommorow, or maybe she won't, only time will tell. :crossfingers:

Some new pics to come shortly.

Does it hurt her to have her back legs moved Rach? If not, maybe you could give some gentle physio to stop muscle wastage...

Basic Reiki style hands on healing may also help a bit - put your hand close to (about 1cm above) the affected area, clear your mind, and then just send healing thoughts to little Cookie - if you get it right you will feel your hand get warm and Cookie will lay there and enjoy the experience - 5 mins at a time will work wonders.

Katdogs has some experience with paralysis in her cat (from the Orijen food debacle) - maybe if you message her for some advice on how to keep Cookie's toileting in check, she can tell you how it's done...

T.

If the vet has diagnosed a broken back without an xray, the spinal column must really have a deviation in it. An animal will struggle to live even when the prognosis is poor. I hope kitty is on pain medication. Being bright and happy at the head end means nothing in comparison to pain and quality of life. I know you invest your heart K9Angel but I do hope you can find it to make a decision if need be. Discs can resolve, broken backs dont. Not having pushed for an xray I feel was denial on the vet and yourself. You cant hope for what you cant see.

Life sux. Personally I would have pushed for an xray, then you know effectively what you are dealing with. Surely the regular vet you see could have afforded an xray at a discount price due to the status of the kitten.

Does it hurt her to have her back legs moved Rach? If not, maybe you could give some gentle physio to stop muscle wastage...

Basic Reiki style hands on healing may also help a bit - put your hand close to (about 1cm above) the affected area, clear your mind, and then just send healing thoughts to little Cookie - if you get it right you will feel your hand get warm and Cookie will lay there and enjoy the experience - 5 mins at a time will work wonders.

Katdogs has some experience with paralysis in her cat (from the Orijen food debacle) - maybe if you message her for some advice on how to keep Cookie's toileting in check, she can tell you how it's done...

T.

Thanks T, re; the physio suggestion. It doesn't hurt her to move her back legs, so I will give it a try.

And speaking of hands on healing, I did that the night I bought her home. She was really bad. She was so close to death I am amazed she's still with us. Mum even had newspaper ready to wrap her and bury her in the garden. :(

I ran my hands over her little body willing her with all my might, to pull through. It was the weirdest feeling, hard to explain but it was as though it was just me and the kitten in the room and nothing and no else, despite all the commotion going on in the background. :o