Cookie - Dumped Kitten

Awww man the video has made me cry. Keep strong little Cookie and keep fighting

Rach I have pm'd you :-)

Thankyou Lilmisssascha83. :thanks:

And sorry the video made you cry. I only made them to keep a record of her progress and so I could go back and compare her back legs as we went along. She has come a long way in the past week and I am really proud of her.

I am praying that at worst, it's a fractured pelvis and that she will recover. :pray::crossfingers:

I am so nervous right now... :(

7286289954_29dd31e454.jpg

7286295226_d474ed6927.jpg

7286302188_2b5981f6a6.jpg

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a gorgeous baby.. K9Angel, you really are an angel you know! All the good karma in the world wished upon you and your family and little Cookie, you truly are a wonderful person.

What a gorgeous baby.. K9Angel, you really are an angel you know! All the good karma in the world wished upon you and your family and little Cookie, you truly are a wonderful person.

Aww thankyou Dju. :thanks:

Here's hoping some of that good karma starts tommorow. :crossfingers:

I have been preparing her travel crate for her vet trip. I had to dig it out of the laundry and give it a good wipe down but it's ready now. She stays in a washing basket usually but I'll take her in the crate tommorow.

I will update tommorow. Thanks again everyone for your well wishes, kind words, support and donations. I know if Cookie could talk, she'd say thankyou too. :thanks:

:crossfingers: :crossfingers: :crossfingers: for little Cookie tommorow.

Hello K9angel. I started reading your post for the first time last night and found the story about Cookie very moving. My local vet in Canberra has a great orthopaedic surgeon on staff. I hope things go really well with Cookie seeing your vet today and that Cookie can be saved... but in the event thingsdon't go well, please don't get Cookie euthanased until I have a chance to talk to my vet here and get her opinion. I can show my vet your video of Cookie and descriptions of how she has improved over the last week. Obviously the vet here would want to see Cookie but it might be worth me getting a consultation on the information I have now and see what she says and if she thinks there is any hope. I'm not sure when I can get an appointment but I will try for tomorrow. I hope it's not necessary and your vet can help. Please let me know on this forum how Cookie goes with the vet today and then I will know whether I should make an appointment to see the orthopaedic surgeon for cats here. I would be happy to pay for the consultation here in Canberra. I am at work but will try to have a look this afternoon at how Cookie fared at your vet today. Best wishes for a good outcome xox.

Thanks again guys for everything. Especially your well wishes today. Cookie needs all the good vibes and goodluck we can muster.

Little Cookie has been dropped off to the vet. I have to go back this afternoon. I asked the vet to put some cream or something around her bum/tail too as she was a bit red & tender there this morning.

She's in good hands, and the vet nurse that's on today is very sweet and knows me well. I asked her to look after her for me.

I put Cookie in the crate last night to sleep so she could get used of it and wasn't scared when she went in it today. She was fine and actually seemed to like it. When I put her in there she was looking around at the roof and doing funny feet as she made herself comfy. :heart:

I gave her a little kiss before I left and told her I would be back for her soon. I was brave (for once) and didn't cry until I got home. Jack & bails said goodbye to her this morning too before we took Jack to school. It broke my heart. I have tears streaming down my cheeks just thinking about it. :(

:crossfingers: :crossfingers: :crossfingers: :crossfingers: :crossfingers: for Cookie today.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

It's not good news guys. The vet just called (a fill in, I don't know where Phil is?), she said she 'thinks' she has a fractured spine. She did say the lumbar? vertabrae? no. but I was too shocked to take it in. I feel sick.

I tried to explain to her that she has been improving and that if she had a broken back, she wouldn't do that would she? she didn't really give an answer. Her main concern was the urine scold, which I did explain has only started yesterday/today. She strongly advised to pts and wants me to sign the consent forms. :(

I don't know what to do. It's obviously not a clear break if she 'thinks' she has a fractured spine? and what about the improvements I've seen? I don't get it? I am going to have a look at the xrays myself (not that I will know what I am looking at, but surely a break would be somewhat noticeable?) Oh and she said something about her not having control her bladder??. She does. She always goes after a feed or if I am cleaning down around her bum. She doesn't just pee anywhere, anytime - so she's got some control. :confused:

I told her I would be in this afternoon, I have to wait for OH to get in and mind the kids for me. I don't want them there if I have to say goodbye to her. :cry: I asked about her pelvis and she said it seems to be fine. It's the lower back where the problem is. I just wish she gave me a definate answer instead of "I think".