Dancing With Dogs Freestyle & Heelwork To Music

Definitely HWM - we have no tricks or skills - in fact we can heel and not much more rofl1.gif and now he is in semi retirement heel position is open for interpretation....... in fact so is sit, drop and come eek1.gif

Bless his little white cotton socks biggrin.gif

I did bring the stud dog out for the Royal and after he ate the music and I had to race home and burn another CD - he did get his HWM starters title - but have no plans to being him out again - my blood pressure is still recovering smile.gif

I didn't think I would ever love HTM as my dog were never good at heeling but I have changed my mind I LOVE HEELWORK TO MUSIC. I find it easier to work the dogs and the really seem to enjoy it as well.

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it is nearly the end of the year and with it another year of DWD comps are nearing the end.

Last Saturday the DWD Club of Vic held their last comp for the year. I wasn't competing but went to help out and watch some fantastic routine in both HTM and Freestyle.

Next year the new revised rules start as of 01/01/2014 which will make it more exciting for us all.

Has any one got any updates of what they have been doing that they would like to share with us?

We had our last comp here in QLD last week-end. We saw some lovely new starters having a go in Rookies. I am looking forward to seeing them compete in starters next year.

We had a thunder storm approaching just as the competition got underway and it hit during presentations. There were a few withdrawals with dogs not coping with the impending storm. But overall there were some lovely routines performed.

My boy Chook just missed out on his Freestyler Intermediate title so now we will have to take all our props all the way up to Toowoomba early next year LOL.

My highlight for the year was Chook performing at the Ekka and taking out first place in HTM Intermediate. For him to perform in that environment was amazing, I was so proud of him and the best part was we got it all on video. :thumbsup:

What was everybody else's highlights?

That's a HUGE highlight - and a very tough environment - well done.

Great news that you are now enjoying HWM - goodonya and I am sure that intermediate title will be just around the corner and up the road a bit! Toowoomba is miles away!

:laugh: :laugh: See - it's getting to you Ptolomy :bolt:

Seriously - that's nice that you've entered the semi-retired one again. Video would be nice.

After the last agility trial for the year (this weekend) and the last rally and Obedience (next weekend), I'll be able to do some serious DWD work - hopefully -and school holidays will help - though a lot of time will have to be devoted to grass attack.

Forgot to say - good luck to BC4ME and Chook in Toowoomba. And I'm like you - I love heelwork now - well, with Rory, anyway - he loves prancing around showing off, bless him.

Ed. cause senior moments happen and I forget things

Edited by Tassie

*cough* I have entered a trial in a week and a half's time - I keep threatening to do some training between now and then - but not holding my breath. Think I have said this before but we will slip into retirement after this one laugh.gif Advanced is way to hard for me.

Good luck for the up and coming comp Ptolomy, I know that you will do well. And no not allowed to retire after Intermediate. You dont have the excuse that I had with Tux.. Blindness was the only thing that stopped us dead in our tracks

Well it is nearly the end of the year and with it another year of DWD comps are nearing the end.

Last Saturday the DWD Club of Vic held their last comp for the year. I wasn't competing but went to help out and watch some fantastic routine in both HTM and Freestyle.

Next year the new revised rules start as of 01/01/2014 which will make it more exciting for us all.

Has any one got any updates of what they have been doing that they would like to share with us?

We had our last comp here in QLD last week-end. We saw some lovely new starters having a go in Rookies. I am looking forward to seeing them compete in starters next year.

We had a thunder storm approaching just as the competition got underway and it hit during presentations. There were a few withdrawals with dogs not coping with the impending storm. But overall there were some lovely routines performed.

My boy Chook just missed out on his Freestyler Intermediate title so now we will have to take all our props all the way up to Toowoomba early next year LOL.

My highlight for the year was Chook performing at the Ekka and taking out first place in HTM Intermediate. For him to perform in that environment was amazing, I was so proud of him and the best part was we got it all on video. :thumbsup:

What was everybody else's highlights?

Well done on getting first place at Ekka with Chook. Royals are a hard venue to compete in no matter what performance you are doing.

Just think that it will be extra practice time for you both before Toowoomba and you will blitz it in :)

Mine was getting my soft but feral girl her HTM.S and Freestyle.S titles this year. I cheated and used the same music for both, just added some more weaves and spins etc into the routine to make it a freestyle routine. Now I can start to think what to do for her novice routines :) My two biggest problems is finding the right music and working out where to have it cut.

Tassie, when are you coming to Vic again for a DWD comp?

kallistar - I'm hoping to have something ready for the restricted to breed comp at the BC Nationals at the end of March since we'll be over for that anyway. Harder trying to work out something for Novice. :D After that - not sure. Hope to catch up bfore too long.

kallistar - I'm hoping to have something ready for the restricted to breed comp at the BC Nationals at the end of March since we'll be over for that anyway. Harder trying to work out something for Novice. :D After that - not sure. Hope to catch up bfore too long.

Make sure that you get your routines recorded and post them on here. I am sure that we would love to see them

• 4 weeks later...

:D :xmassmile: And to you kallistar. My guys have had a lovely day chilling at home - some hose play this afternoon to cool them off.

Now to get serious about doing some training and thinking .......

Yeap, you'd better get serious about thinking out your DWD routines for the BC national, cause March isnt too far off now. Have you got your Accom booked already for it Tassie?

Yes, ferry and accommodation all booked. DWD routines are still on the back burner. Holidays now, so a little bit more time, but busy trying to iikeep the growth on my acre block under control.

Doing some online obedience training courses too, one with a working spot, so obedience training is happening..Hope to get some agility training done too ...busy holidays..and Rory has shows on New Years Day and mid January. Problem of having multi discipline dogs :-).

An absolutely awesome finish to 2013 for Kenz. Our final trial for the year was the NYE DWD trial and Kenz excelled herself.

Not only did she finish her Heelwork to Music Starters title but she went on to win the class with a pretty nice scoring routine. She also finished up winning Novice Freestyle for her first pass with a somewhat OTT feral routine. Lots of marks off for barking but she had a blast doing what she loves doing and that is being out and back in the ring showing off. Love my girl - so many hardships to overcome and yet I can still reliably count on her to turn on the enthusiasm 100 fold when asked. Hopefully 2014 is a little kinder to us .

An absolutely awesome finish to 2013 for Kenz. Our final trial for the year was the NYE DWD trial and Kenz excelled herself.

Not only did she finish her Heelwork to Music Starters title but she went on to win the class with a pretty nice scoring routine. She also finished up winning Novice Freestyle for her first pass with a somewhat OTT feral routine. Lots of marks off for barking but she had a blast doing what she loves doing and that is being out and back in the ring showing off. Love my girl - so many hardships to overcome and yet I can still reliably count on her to turn on the enthusiasm 100 fold when asked. Hopefully 2014 is a little kinder to us .

YAHOO way to go Kenz and Ness :) so wrapt for you both :) :)

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, but specially those who have BC's and might be coming to the BC national here in Vic for the DWD comp.. How are your routines going? I hope that it is all coming along nicely and that you will let us all know what happened at the trial (its in March ) cheers

I'm hoping to go down to watch. Would like to take Tilba as I took her to the 2nd Nationals in Canberra when she was 14 months old. Before that I took April to the 1st Nationals in Sydney, much closer for us, when she was 13 years old. It was the last really good outing we had together.

Will probably have to leave Tilba at home as we haven't booked anything, oh prefers to take pot luck, which you can't do when travelling with a dog.

Oh, Kallistar ...wish you hadn't asked that :laugh: . Mine are still on the back burner ... and entries close next week. Do I waste an entry or ... Planning to sort music out this weekend, since that has to go on the entry form. Doesn't help that one laptop .. the one I normally use .. died last week. Good thing I hadn't already cut the music .. I would have lost it anyway. :(

I'm hoping to go down to watch. Would like to take Tilba as I took her to the 2nd Nationals in Canberra when she was 14 months old. Before that I took April to the 1st Nationals in Sydney, much closer for us, when she was 13 years old. It was the last really good outing we had together.

Will probably have to leave Tilba at home as we haven't booked anything, oh prefers to take pot luck, which you can't do when travelling with a dog.

Do hope you can get down, luvsdogs. I'm going to be running like a cut cat, but I'm looking forward to it. I didn't go to the first two, so this is very exciting.

Oh, Kallistar ...wish you hadn't asked that :laugh: . Mine are still on the back burner ... and entries close next week. Do I waste an entry or ... Planning to sort music out this weekend, since that has to go on the entry form. Doesn't help that one laptop .. the one I normally use .. died last week. Good thing I hadn't already cut the music .. I would have lost it anyway. :(

Tell me about it, one laptop (3year and had been repaired 3 times before hand under warranty) was in getting repaired, was using my 8year old laptop, then it died. Get a phone call from Harvey Norman saying you aint getting your laptop back, but you are getting a brand new one in its place and do you want to have us back up the other one for a cost.. SO new laptop with windows 8 (and I cant figure how it works just yet) with no Office on it, no music or itunes just yet and frustrations galore just trying to add a printer on is doing my head in.

I know that you will get something ready for the BC national and your kids will shine. So get those entries in and work out the rest later ok

I hope that you get to have a lovely time down here at the BC Nationals Luvsdogs and find some where really nice to stay too

:laugh: kallistar

I got the rest of the Nationals entries ready today - but have to sort the music to do the DWD ones. That's the next job for this weekend. Just hope this laptop stays in one piece. My PC is old and pretty slow, and doesn't have all of what I need. And the tablet is Windows 8 - like you, still coming to terms with it. Meant to take the dead laptop to "the man" this morning, but was busy sorting out trial entries and the whole morning disappeared. :D