Dancing With Dogs Freestyle & Heelwork To Music

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:cry: :cry: Done all that & now Audacity doesn't recognise the format :(

You can use iTunes to save it as an mp3, then it will work. I find if I right click on a song in iTunes there is an option to "Create MP3 Version". If that doesn't work, there are other methods e.g. here are some instructions link

Edited by Schatzi'sMum

You can use iTunes to save it as an mp3, then it will work. I find if I right click on a song in iTunes there is an option to "Create MP3 Version". If that doesn't work, there are other methods e.g. here are some instructions link

OK...so I now have my tune & I have played around with it & really have no clue as to what I am doing. If I want to take out a section in the middle...what do I do ???

OK...so I now have my tune & I have played around with it & really have no clue as to what I am doing. If I want to take out a section in the middle...what do I do ???

If you click and drag the mouse over the bit you want to take out, you can select that bit and ctrl+x or click on Edit then Cut. You may need to zoom in on the music file so you can cut neatly.

There are effects you can do, but if you are cutting in a gap in the song you may be OK to just cut.

Happy to help you do a music cut Sheena if you need a hand. Just let me know, flick me a message on Facebook or something and we can sort it out :)

Doing some DWD training with my girls today, it seems that seeing as I wear a hat pretty much whenever we dance, Tora has decided hats = DWD. I put one on just to see how it worked for a costume the other day and felt something on my leg, it was her pawing at me then doing spins and backwards walking! :laugh:

I love hats too. I think it just finishes of a costume :thumbsup: and they also stop my hair from falling in my face :laugh:

What about wigs :)

I've done wigs too, I love a good dress up :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I think I have done just about everything there is to do with a costume. I've done capes, wigs, hats, skirts, canes, tiara's, wands, etc and don't get me started on props. I have a love affair with them too. :rofl: :rofl:

I love your Game of Thrones costume!

if you don't mind me asking BC4ME.....could you post a pic of you GOTs costume?????

I am doing something similar & found a dress for a dollar in Vinnies thumbsup1.gif & I am curious to see whether it has the same look/feel to have that GOTs feel about it biggrin.gif

I have attached some photo's of my Game of Thrones Costume.

The first is taken off my computer so not very clear but it will give you an idea of the costume as a whole.

post-2971-0-95269800-1398656667_thumb.jpg

The second is a close up of the jacket.

post-2971-0-37808400-1398656676_thumb.jpg

I do make my own costumes this one was relatively cheap as the red fabric was only $5 per mtr and I had most of the braiding, lace and white fabric at home. Just had to buy the buttons. The crown I brought from a toy shop.

Coming from a performing background I like to go the extra mile when it comes to costumes but that doesn't always mean expensive.

I did "Click go the Shears" a few years ago and wore a pair of jeans, a blue singlet, flannelette shirt and an old beat up cowboy hat that I have had floating around for year, there was no sparkle or bling. I got all this out of my husbands cupboard.

My Black box routine was back pants, black shirt, black waist coat, black hat and black shoes. My prop was a black box. Suited the routine perfectly.

You need to make sure your costume enhances what you are trying to portray in your choreography. Don't forget to include your foot wear when designing you costumes.

I usually make my dogs collar out of the same fabric as my costume although I didn't think in GOT's Styler needed anything.

You get 2 points from each judge for your costume that is 6 points in total so don't waste.

Edited by BC4ME

I love your costume....very clever lady. Thanks for the hint about costume worth 6 points. That has really thrown up a challenge to me...Hard to imagine an overweight, over 60, grey haired lady dressing up as Agnetha from Abba :rofl: Now I wish I hadn't thrown out those above the knee patent leather white boots I owned 45 years ago. :laugh:

I love your costume....very clever lady. Thanks for the hint about costume worth 6 points. That has really thrown up a challenge to me...Hard to imagine an overweight, over 60, grey haired lady dressing up as Agnetha from Abba :rofl: Now I wish I hadn't thrown out those above the knee patent leather white boots I owned 45 years ago. :laugh:

Are you going white jumpsuit? Or mini dress with a cat on it?

Seriously though, part of the fun is wearing things you would never normally wear and having fun with it :)

This is probably the most sparkles I've worn in my life...

SchatzDance1_zpse7f8971b.jpg

Seriously though, part of the fun is wearing things you would never normally wear and having fun with it :)

Oh yes.....the mini skirt goes with the long white boots :)

Oh yes.....the mini skirt goes with the long white boots :)

Make sure you get a photo of you in your costume please Sheena

Which Abba song are you doing??

I am doing Honey, Honey & intend it to be a "take-off" of Abba due to the differences between her & me :laugh: I have a pink wig that I bought at the Easter show, some tights & hope to get an Abba type blouse. I also have a long blond wig, but I like the pink one better. If I wanted to imitate the long white boots, I could buy a pair of those "skin" things that runners use on their arms & legs. I was thinking along the lines of soft type shoes, like ballet flats as I am terrified of stepping on my poor dogs paws. I'll match Bindi up with the pink wig. :) Please don't ask me what competition I am going in as I havn't a clue & probably never will...at present it's just for fun. :D make a video, then go back to the drawing board.

I am doing Honey, Honey & intend it to be a "take-off" of Abba due to the differences between her & me :laugh: I have a pink wig that I bought at the Easter show, some tights & hope to get an Abba type blouse. I also have a long blond wig, but I like the pink one better. If I wanted to imitate the long white boots, I could buy a pair of those "skin" things that runners use on their arms & legs. I was thinking along the lines of soft type shoes, like ballet flats as I am terrified of stepping on my poor dogs paws. I'll match Bindi up with the pink wig. :) Please don't ask me what competition I am going in as I havn't a clue & probably never will...at present it's just for fun. :D make a video, then go back to the drawing board.

There's a double comp in Brissie in September ;) ;)

There's a double comp in Brissie in September ;) ;)

Thanks..it's a bit too early for me. I have so much agility on between now & then, it's not funny. I was excited about the one in the schedule for Grafton on the 30th November, but Mandy says it is a misprint :(

Our first time back in the ring for over a year next weekend, I am nervous!! Don't normally get worried like this :eek::confused:

Where at ??? & what are you competing in ??

DWDCQ has a double at Woongoolba.

Tora is doing Starters in both Freestyle and HTM, Schatzi is doing Intermediate HTM.

Our first time back in the ring for over a year next weekend, I am nervous!! Don't normally get worried like this :eek::confused:

Tora is doing Starters in both Freestyle and HTM, Schatzi is doing Intermediate HTM.

Good luck for next weekend please remember to let us all know how you go in the ring thanks

Good luck for next weekend please remember to let us all know how you go in the ring thanks

Thanks will do, not sure why I feel nervous, I think because it's been a while, Tora is new to the sport and they are new routines. It's still great to be back out there though :D super excited as well as nervous!

Edited by Schatzi'sMum

Thanks will do, not sure why I feel nervous, I think because it's been a while, Tora is new to the sport and they are new routines. It's still great to be back out there though :D super excited as well as nervous!

Can someone get a video ???

Edited by sheena

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Schatzi Mum, have you had your comp yet? and if so, how did you go?