Dancing With Dogs Freestyle & Heelwork To Music

Just thought I'd share this pic of Tora competing at the DWDCQ state titles a few months ago. The look on her face is priceless! She's having so much fun :)

(photo taken by Paw Snap Pet Photography)

AAAA0080pfr_zps1e04bb31.jpg

What a lovely photo of Tora and you dancing :). It shows the enjoyment that she is having working along side you, thank you so much for sharing

Love this photo of the two of you :)

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next Saturday is the last DWD trial for Victoria. I am not competing this time round, but will be there watching. Just want to wish those of you who have entered all to break a leg (wish you all luck) and remember you have the best dancing partner with you.

• 2 weeks later...

The dwd club of vic's trial was held on Saturday and there was some really awesome routines. Congrats to those who gained passes and to those who missed out, remember you still took your very best dancing partner home with you.

I didnt compete this time, but helped out by stewarding. Lets just say I was really tired yesterday.

• 4 weeks later...

just re-reading the guidelines for both HWTM & FS, I only have noticed the wording, poses as a requirement for novice etc.............what are the recommended poses for both discplines please :D

A pose is what you can start with, eg, dog doing a paw wrap around your leg while you are standing up straight in a pose to start your music off and also one at the end too. Recommend the KISS factor and something that is well done by both of you as well as get you ready for your next movement.. I am sure that some one else will jump in here too and give you more ideas..

yep, things like a bow, sit pretty/beg, pony (between your feet), balancing on something, etc. They are a great way to start and finish a routine, and often a good way of catching your breath during a routine.

The list of poses from the old guidelines includes;

POSES AND OTHER ACTIONS

Bow

Beg

Dead dog

Wrap (cane, leg)

Cross legs

Roll over

Hand/foot touch

Paw lifts

Retrieving a prop

Jumping (depending on breed, size, age etc)

I've also seen some nice poses with small dogs with the dogs balanced on their human partner; ie jump into their arms, balance on feet,etc. I'd consider anything that looks 'showy' and shows a connection between dog and handler, to be a good pose.

I hope that helps?

just re-reading the guidelines for both HWTM & FS, I only have noticed the wording, poses as a requirement for novice etc.............what are the recommended poses for both discplines please :D

A "guideline" is a suggestion on how to do, understand or the way in which something is to be interpreted.

A "requirement" is something that must be included to pass.

Remember you re reading "guidelines". Although "Poses" help give your routines a beginning and an ending or gives them structure it is not a "requirement"

It is simple to incorporate poses into your routine and you would be silly not to but remember there is a difference between a guideline and requirement.

• 1 month later...

Canberra DWD is very pleased to announce that our first Dances with Dogs competition has been officially scheduled for 21 March 2015!10947380_915460001811817_2084782593883902926_o.jpg

:thumbsup: YAY , That is awesome news I hope that you have lots of entries and heaps of fun. Sorry I wont be coming up as my girl and I are part of a study group for Diabetes Assistant Dogs and that is close to completion of the study.

cheers

:thumbsup: YAY , That is awesome news I hope that you have lots of entries and heaps of fun. Sorry I wont be coming up as my girl and I are part of a study group for Diabetes Assistant Dogs and that is close to completion of the study.

cheers

Thanks Kallistar. We're really excited to have finally got it off the ground.

Funnily enough, one of the other trainee judges is also doing the Diabetes scent program!

cheers

Funnily enough, one of the other trainee judges is also doing the Diabetes scent program!

Fantastic news, great to see Canberra rolling :)

cheers

Cool,your trainee judges doing the DAD study group too. She must be doing it by internet hook up :) I hope that they will have it working for the next work shop, and that will be a first for me to doing it via the net.

When you have your comp, do you think that you will have vids taken? or photos? Could you please post the results here too..

Wish you all the very best as the hard work to get your comp up and running takes a lot of work.. and then you have the rest of the hard work is when it gets closer to SHOWTIME