Dancing With Dogs Freestyle & Heelwork To Music

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, sorry to be off topic though I was wondering which events allow for visitors. I'm in Perth for awhile and while I can see one listed under event diary as I'm not involved I'm not sure which I could have a look at. Any input would be appreciated.

first DWD competition here in Adelaide for the year in two weeks time :thumbsup:

I have both sheppies entered in novice freestyle with the theme for both being the Man from Snowy River, two different pieces of music for the two very different dogs... :D

Hi, sorry to be off topic though I was wondering which events allow for visitors. I'm in Perth for awhile and while I can see one listed under event diary as I'm not involved I'm not sure which I could have a look at. Any input would be appreciated.

Spectators (without dogs) are usually welcome at DWD comps. There was DWD at the Western Classic, last night I think ... not sure when the next one is. There are some awesome DWD teams over

West. :)

ETA. Looks like there's a double comp at the Dogs West grounds on Friday 10 April. Dogs West office should be able to give you details .. or if you're a Dogs West member, the details will be in the Canine News(?)

Edited by Tassie

first DWD competition here in Adelaide for the year in two weeks time :thumbsup:

I have both sheppies entered in novice freestyle with the theme for both being the Man from Snowy River, two different pieces of music for the two very different dogs... :D

Good luck hope you get some video to share :)

Good luck at the trial Biker Girl.. make sure that you post your results please

• 2 weeks later...

just home from tonight's DWD at Gawler....very proud of both sheppies with Tasha passing with a very nice 159.7 and Jim once again my star with not only a very nice 161.1 but also scoring highest freestyle!!!

I am hoping video will come latter :thumbsup:

just home from tonight's DWD at Gawler....very proud of both sheppies with Tasha passing with a very nice 159.7 and Jim once again my star with not only a very nice 161.1 but also scoring highest freestyle!!!

YAY congrats What level are they up to now?? Looking forward to watching the video :thumbsup:

Are you coming up to QLD for the national this year?

Edited by BC4ME

YAY congrats What level are they up to now?? Looking forward to watching the video :thumbsup:

Are you coming up to QLD for the national this year?

it is their first legs of novice FSS and no, sadly we won't be coming up to Qld for the nationals...would love to :)

ok DWD peeps :D

I am pondering my next routine for intermediate freestyle and tossing up between two quite different types of music for my sheppie boy, Jim...

Singin' in the Rain (Gene Kelly)

or

I want to break free (Queen)

both classics, just from different eras :D

Great results, Biker Girl and sheppies! I like both those choices - one of my students did a lovely starters routine to Singing in the rain, using an umbrella as a prop.

Only 5 more sleeps until the Canberra competition. Our gorgeous rainbow ribbons and rosettes arrived today, which put a smile on our faces in the midst of frantic preparations. It's going to be a great comp, and a VERY long day.

Congrats! Fantastic scores! :thumbsup:

Kallistar you will be interested in the first segment of last Friday's Happy Yappers. There is a good segment on Dances with Dogs at the very beginning with Kevin and Cinder.

Zeph is in the last segment about 20 minutes in. But we are still learning tricks for the Oldies, so you might get us dancing yet.

Below is the Link to last Friday's episode of Yappy Hour with our water training segment. It starts about 20 minutes in. http://www.c31.org.a.../episode/144771

Canberra's first competition was a big success for us, with 55 entries across the two competitions, and around 40 routines judged on the day. We had lots of Victorian and NSW competitors join us on the day, and we loved seeing the huge variety of routines, costumes and dogs. It was a really positive atmosphere, and we enjoyed all the great feedback we got from visitors. The morning photographer has started putting pictures up on her facebook page, if anyone wants to check some out;

My link

My little monkey-boy, Zim the Cardigan Corgi, managed to finish his routine with only a moderate dose of feralness, after being crated all morning, for third place and his Freestyle Starters title in the afternoon.

10325125_10152759047463870_7563597145006359193_n.jpg?oh=67eb44ce0fab990dded11abcdf6ebc90&oe=55AC0E78&__gda__=1433506442_15fbfd8184f63dff0a73371873c2ed9e