Dancing With Dogs Freestyle & Heelwork To Music

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you everyone!

biker girl, he'll now be (pending confirmation) CH Llandwyn Crescent Moon (AI) RA HTMS FSS - he's from Dorothy Hartcher's last litter, out of multiple generations of her breeding in his dam's side, and his sire was a NZ Rodwell dog, out of Jan West's Oliver (since I can see the resemblance to Oliver in this picture, and you might have encountered one of his Llandaff rellies)

WELL DONE!!!!! May I also ask who bred your Cardi????

Thank you everyone!

biker girl, he'll now be (pending confirmation) CH Llandwyn Crescent Moon (AI) RA HTMS FSS - he's from Dorothy Hartcher's last litter, out of multiple generations of her breeding in his dam's side, and his sire was a NZ Rodwell dog, out of Jan West's Oliver (since I can see the resemblance to Oliver in this picture, and you might have encountered one of his Llandaff rellies)

WELL DONE!!!!! May I also ask who bred your Cardi????

My very first 2 Cardis were from Kardibroke in Vic & we are talking 40 years ago!!!

Moving to Sa our Cardis were from Nan Green of Cambrian Kennels & my first Cardi from her, Nike, went to become the first Cardi in Australia to obtain AD for the breed, again we re talking 25 years ago!!!

I know Jan West has had a lot of success with her Cardis in the agility ring & it's lovely to see the Cardis doing well in other dog sports, such as DWDs too CC :D :D :D

Many years ago I was told that I could never do open obedience with my Cardis as they are "Cardigans" and not "jumpers"!!!......insert groan here if you wish... :laugh:

Groaning indeed! There is some Cambrian in his line as well. My little girl Cardi, Inari, is from Sarasota in Tasmania.

My Cardis certainly prove they can do anything; Zim currently has titles or qualies in Obedience, Rally, DWD and agility. In fact, we're aiming for 3 or 4 titles inside a fortnight (1st was his freestyle, and there's the potential for a few more this month, all in different sports). My first Cardi, Shandy, was the first Cardi to title in DWD and Rally.

Canberra's first competition was a big success for us, with 55 entries across the two competitions, and around 40 routines judged on the day. We had lots of Victorian and NSW competitors join us on the day, and we loved seeing the huge variety of routines, costumes and dogs. It was a really positive atmosphere, and we enjoyed all the great feedback we got from visitors. The morning photographer has started putting pictures up on her facebook page, if anyone wants to check some out;

My link

My little monkey-boy, Zim the Cardigan Corgi, managed to finish his routine with only a moderate dose of feralness, after being crated all morning, for third place and his Freestyle Starters title in the afternoon.

10325125_10152759047463870_7563597145006359193_n.jpg?oh=67eb44ce0fab990dded11abcdf6ebc90&oe=55AC0E78&__gda__=1433506442_15fbfd8184f63dff0a73371873c2ed9e

Whoo Hoo a HUGE CONGRATS to everyone who competed, judged, organised or helped out in someway on your special day.

When are we going to see some video ???????

:)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone.. Sorry that I havent been around. Just been busing with the scent study stuff. Also got myself onto a DWD working party committee. Let me just say that is taking a fair amount of my time up.

Nothing else new on the dancing front for me just yet. I am trying to hunt down a good skateboard song or just some skateboarding sounds that are longer than 5/10 secs I really dont want to do the sing that Splash loves alot again, but then again if it keeps her happy and I can get the prop that I want made up for it, than we will see.

anyway keep on dancing with your dogs

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone.. Sorry that I havent been around. Just been busing with the scent study stuff. Also got myself onto a DWD working party committee. Let me just say that is taking a fair amount of my time up.

Nothing else new on the dancing front for me just yet. I am trying to hunt down a good skateboard song or just some skateboarding sounds that are longer than 5/10 secs I really dont want to do the sing that Splash loves alot again, but then again if it keeps her happy and I can get the prop that I want made up for it, than we will see.

cheers

My first thought it Skater Boi by Avril Lavigne.

cheers

You could also use something from the Beach Boys and use the skateboard as a surfboard.

OK I have a dumb DWD question. You can't use music with swear words in it naturally, but would you be offended by the use of the word "damn" in a song in DWD?

In what context is it use ie is it replacing a swear word?? What song are you using?

OK I have a dumb DWD question. You can't use music with swear words in it naturally, but would you be offended by the use of the word "damn" in a song in DWD?

In what context is it use ie is it replacing a swear word?? What song are you using?

It's in

- the bit where it says "I'm too hot (hot damn!)"

It's in

I would have no problem with that one :)

It's in

I would have no problem with that one :)

Thanks :D it would lose too much of that funk sound without it.

cheers

You could also use something from the Beach Boys and use the skateboard as a surfboard.

thanks for the idea, but it wouldnt work too crash hot.. my idea is for her to "try" to skate and then use another song for the main part of the routine and finishing with her on the skate board skating along side me.. She is loving using the skateboard.. my feet dont when she decides to flip it...

Keep up the chat everyone. I do check in from time to time..

and Uptown Funk has a great beat too Schatzis Mum

• 4 weeks later...

Keep up the chat everyone. I do check in from time to time..

and Uptown Funk has a great beat too Schatzis Mum

Yep it's perfect for my boy who thinks he's hot stuff (hot damn!)

Wow 53 entries each day for the State and Nationals! :eek: It's super exciting and a bit nerve wracking! Not long to go now!

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to say and how has everyone been?

On Saturday the 12th September Victoria is holding their very first State Competition. It looks to be a wonderful day for every one who has entered. We are also holding two non titling classes, Brace and Pairs which should be fun to watch as well.

So on that note GOOD LUCK everyone who is competing on the day

• 4 months later...