Dancing With Dogs Freestyle & Heelwork To Music

Hi MrsD, so glad that you popped in here to say hi :) and that your boy Jarrah gained his Intermediate freestyle title last year :thumbsup:

And yes please keep us informed on your new routines and how they are going :)

Kamal isn't coming to Vic as far as I know, I think that I got distracted when I posted that part of my previous post. Tassie is going up to Camptailwaggers to see him :)

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She could still do all of it I think :rofl:. Whether she wants to is an entirely different story :rofl:. She is very much a whats in it for me :laugh:. Yeah I still have the music - its sitting in my itunes library. Actually toying with trying the routine with Kenz when she gets to novice or intermediate :rofl:.

So Ness what have you decided to do?

Hiya Schatzi's Mum, don't know if you remember us but we met you when we were doing herding & we went to a trial at GI. Hubby has a GSD & I have a red kelpie, a sheltie & a BC (she was only a puppy when we went to GI) :wave: .

I sure do! :) :wave: Good to see you again :)

Hey Schatzi's Mum, how is your dancing going?

I haven't yet - over crate resting the FERAL and she is over being crate rested :( when she is all better.

:( but keep telling the feral one that it is for her own good and then she can do more things:)

Looking at maybe getting a routine happening for my girl as she is improving her leg weaves and spins every time we try them.

Edited by kallistar

We had a great weekend, just home now :)

Schatzi got a 100% success rate with 4 quallies out of 4 entries.

She got two Novice HTM passes, both with 1st places! :thumbsup:

Then she also got two Novice Freestyle passes with a 3rd and a 4th. That gave her, her Novice Freestyle title! Up to Intermediate with the big kids now :eek:

Tora did well, no passes for her, but entering her was about building her confidence and she was definitely more confident on the second day and only missed out on a quallie by one mark - so I was happy :)

All in all, a great weekend away dancing :D

Edited by Schatzi'sMum

Then she also got two Novice Freestyle passes with a 3rd and a 4th. That gave her, her Novice Freestyle title! Up to Intermediate with the big kids now :eek:

Tora did well, no passes for her, but entering her was about building her confidence and she was definitely more confident on the second day and only missed out on a quallie by one mark - so I was happy :)

Congratulations you are doing so well with both Schatzi and Tora. :thumbsup:

It was lovely catching up with everyone again and meeting some newbies too :thumbsup:

CONGRATS on your lovely passes and wins in HTM, great news I reackon. And even more great news with your passes in Freestyle too. So glad that Tora gained more confidence on the second day and also for her almost getting a pass too :)

Congratulations you are doing so well with both Schatzi and Tora. :thumbsup:

It was lovely catching up with everyone again and meeting some newbies too :thumbsup:

CONGRATS on your lovely passes and wins in HTM, great news I reackon. And even more great news with your passes in Freestyle too. So glad that Tora gained more confidence on the second day and also for her almost getting a pass too :)

Thank you, I'm very chuffed :) I train pretty much in isolation, getting some advice via email and videos. So for Schatzi to hold her own and even win her class means a lot :D

Well Hasting's DWD trial is just around the corner and I am looking forward to being there. Decided to go with an Abba song for freestyle and Que Sera Sera for HTM. And Tassie, I am not going to wear that skirt for it either. Tried a new move with Tux before (more for me than him) so might add it in. Fingers are crossed that we will do well but only time will tell.

Has anyone else got any news?

Well Hasting's DWD trial is just around the corner and I am looking forward to being there. Decided to go with an Abba song for freestyle and Que Sera Sera for HTM. And Tassie, I am not going to wear that skirt for it either. Tried a new move with Tux before (more for me than him) so might add it in. Fingers are crossed that we will do well but only time will tell.

The DWDQ ran a platform workshop up here run by Maree and Angie today, despite the rain and freezing cold weather it went ahead at Angie's place.

It was a fabulous workshop showcasing all levels of platform work, everyone has gone home totaly inspired to get think about using platforms. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Looking forward to the Michele Poulitt seminar up here in September :thumbsup:

:laugh: kallistar! I'm not a skirt person either - think my dogs could be too shocked to work :D . Good luck for Hastings.

BC4ME - I read things like this and it's one of the few things that makes me sad to be living down here. Bass Strait is such a nuisance - especially in winter - no ferry on Sunday or Tuesday. Still - looking forward to meeting/catching up in July up at Camp T.

:laugh: kallistar! I'm not a skirt person either - think my dogs could be too shocked to work :D . Good luck for Hastings.

BC4ME - I read things like this and it's one of the few things that makes me sad to be living down here. Bass Strait is such a nuisance - especially in winter - no ferry on Sunday or Tuesday. Still - looking forward to meeting/catching up in July up at Camp T.

You need to move up to QLD, it's where all the good thing happen :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:laugh: - there or WA :laugh: - now if onoly they weren't so hot in the summer, and if only there weren't any ticks or toads or .... hmmm - starting to look good down here, even if it's chilly :)

I'm heading up to the Kamal weekend at Camp Tailwaggers in July so will meet up with some of you there! Looking forward to catching up again

Awesome will be lovely to meet you too :thumbsup:

The DWDQ ran a platform workshop up here run by Maree and Angie today, despite the rain and freezing cold weather it went ahead at Angie's place.

It was a fabulous workshop showcasing all levels of platform work, everyone has gone home totaly inspired to get think about using platforms. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Looking forward to the Michele Poulitt seminar up here in September :thumbsup:

Hi BC4ME,

Glad that DWDQ ran a workshop and you had heaps of fun despite the weather :)

Can I ask what are platforms and what are they used for?

I hope that you will tell us all about the Michele Poulitt seminar after you have been in September.

Thanks Tassie, I will need all the luck I can get for Hastings, as I will be up early to get my young girl's ET (my friend is biking her and I am doing the willing test part) Hasting's is a late afternoon trial and so I think that I might need alot of engery boosts to see me through both comps.