Dancing With Dogs Freestyle & Heelwork To Music

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funnily enough, we were discussing this last week. Some felt that you risked some judges docking you 1 of your costume points, even though the rules don't actually state the dog has to wear anything. I guess if your dog stresses about things around it's neck, you are better off taking the chance on one point, than risking more on a distracted dog.

ACT are holding our second DWD comp next Friday, a small outside, evening trial, with our 5 new judges officiating. We're thrilled with the support we have gotten again, with several interstate entries, and over a dozen different entries so far!

Edited by Cleo's Corgwyn

:rofl: CC well the real question is more whether you can even see the ribbon on a long haired dog anyway. I actually do remember in our first trial I forgot to put a ribbon on one of the dogs for one of the routines (had 8 routines in a day with both dogs and it had been a long day by the end of it). I don't think I lost a costume mark for it.

Funnily enough, we were discussing this last week. Some felt that you risked some judges docking you 1 of your costume points, even though the rules don't actually state the dog has to wear anything. I guess if your dog stresses about things around it's neck, you are better off taking the chance on one point, than risking more on a distracted dog.

ACT are holding our second DWD comp next Friday, a small outside, evening trial, with our 5 new judges officiating. We're thrilled with the support we have gotten again, with several interstate entries, and over a dozen different entries so far!

yay good for ACT :) and I hope that you will give a report on here afterwards.

I have what may be a completely nuts question but I've never considered it before as my guys always wear something collar wise into the ring. There are a lot of rules around what they can wear, but can they wear nothing?

a very good question.

my guys have satin shirt collars to wear for dwd trials. But there have been times that I feel like letting them go in without anything on ( apart from the collar and lead for going into the ring) as Im not that clever in making neck attire for dogs.