Which Class?

My dog will be 18 months (Intermediate) on the 28/07/2012.

The Darwin Royal has a start date of the 26/07/2012 and the date the dog will be exhibited is the 28th, the date of her 18 month birthday.

Due to the start date of the show, will she be eligible to enter as Junior or will she need to be entered in Intermediate, and is there any link to a ruling that specifies?

Intermediate is my say, think of it like everyday is a new show at a regular show you would have her in intermediate.

LOL you just made me remember we had the lowchen in an Ag. Show the day before she turned 18months put her on the table and the judge asked me how old... 17months LMAO..

Actually, I'd be checking that carefully. In some states, the ruling is that the dog is eligible for the age class as at the first day of the show, so under that ruling, she would be eligible for Junior. I had a situation like that myself where a dog was Baby Puppy for the Royal Hobart Show but Minor Puppy for the Specialty Show held on the same day as judging at the Royal.

Editing to add: Give the canine a call, I would say it would be the same Australia wide and she'll be Junior.

Edited by ellz

Thanks all, I've managed to find this on Dogs NT site:

3.12 AGE OF DOGS

3.12.1 In all Classes limited to dogs of a specified age, the age of the dog on the first day of the Exhibition shall be taken as being his age. A dogs age is determined on the anniversary of his birth in both months and years i.e.; a dog born on January the 10th turns four months old at 00.01 hrs on May 10th of the same year. He turns one year old at 00.01 hrs on January 10th of the following year. 3.12.2 If, after the closing date for entry, any Exhibition is postponed for not more than one (1) month, the age of the dogs entered shall be computed to the original date of the Exhibition as advertised in the Schedule. If an Exhibition is postponed for MORE than 1 month - then all ages of dogs must be re-assessed.

Should be entered in Junior Class. The age is always calculated at the FIRST day of any show..

I assume you mean any Royal show? If it is a double or triple All Breeds show then the class changes if the dog has a birthday on the second or third day.