Pet Hate - Light Hearted Thread

SwaY

People missing thier calls because they do not have thier dogs ready! Or standing right in the entrance way while they are waiting to go in for 'intermediate' but you are there for baby puppy! Or people taking the wrong dog in to the wrong class in group, or people being really really loud in the ring (like calling the name of the dog and i don't mean conversation loud, i mean YELLING loud) and watching you struggle to get your dog to stop turning and looking at them, and them getting louder and louder and louder!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May I add one as a judge?

Putting bait into your dog's mouth just as I go to check the bite.

Come on, really?

My fingers are NOT bait!! So, don't expect your dog to know the difference, not to mention leaving me (and other judges) covered in excess slime and bits of bait.

Back to regular viewing.

Sags

:D

Edited by Sagittarian

When showing two or three dogs, you have them in the trolley and move the trolley next to the entrance so you can swap dogs easily and people stand & chat right in front of your trolley, so you can't access the doors.

When you need to use a pooper scooper or rubbish bin & you can't find either one.

Stewards who don't announc loud enough what classes BIG & RUBIG came from so everyone ask's everyone else what class

the dog came from.

BB

We all do things that are annoying but my biggest pet peeve would be people who allow there dogs to piss up your gear .

If it does happen just tell the people ,yes we may be annoyed but i would sooner wash it of whilst wet then fold up my gear & see dried piss up my walls,.

I have had dogs wee into my dogs crates whilst in them too ,up chairs,grooming box & anything that in all honesty is set up within a camp so the owners have had to go out of there way to allow it to happen .

A little thought goes along way

I don't mind what others wear so much - it's up to them.

I hate: people with toy breeds who allow their dogs to bark at other dogs, particularly when there are multiple ones jammed in a trolley. I will forgive them if they tell the dogs to be quiet or make an effort to placate them, but not when they give me a dirty look for daring to walk my giant dog past them in a public area.

Have to also agree with people congregating on the footpaths and walkways, particularly when you are trying to get past with heavy gear. Canberra Royal was the worst this year!!

My other pet hate would be grabbing the undies with the dodgy elastic when getting dressed in the dark in the morning and not realising it until you have got to the show... wearing a skirt! Thank heavens for safety pins.

Come on, really?

My fingers are NOT bait!! So, don't expect your dog to know the difference, not to mention leaving me (and other judges) covered in excess slime and bits of bait.

Back to regular viewing.

Sags

Umm, and makes you want to lick your fingers when it is cabanossi or - guacamole :laugh:

(sorry!!)

Come on, really?

Back to regular viewing.

Sags

Umm, and makes you want to lick your fingers when it is cabanossi or - guacamole :laugh:

(sorry!!)

Yet to find bait that really made me hungry enough... but there's always hope.

:laugh:

Edited by Sagittarian

Walking under my gazebo with your dog, causing mine to bark and then having a go at me- even when there is about 6m of space between me and the next gazebo then having a go at my dogs for scaring your dog....... :rofl:

The show police, close relatives of show truant officers who make it their business to know who is at which show, with which dogs, how far away from home and why. They also assess excuses for not showing up to shows and issue covert reprimands for those alleged to be competition dodgers or judge chasers :rofl:

They have cowed many people, who feel obliged to post on FB that they are not going to the Very Important Big Show for a super good reason indeed or are only showing at the Back of Nowhere Ag because they were in town anyway to visit their Aunty Mabel.

my peev from yesterday. People coming to the Secretary's Hut and claiming that they ordered a catalogue on OzEntries but their envelope doesn't have a CATALOGUE stamp on it. The show secretary politely stating that she also keeps a list and on checking that list, finds that the exhibitor did NOT order a catalogue and said exhibitor (of which there were an amazing amount) wandering away without purchasing a $3 full catalogue or $1.50 group catalogue... :confused: :confused: :confused:

Edited by Havasneeze

Rude competitors who do not acknowledge you with as much as a smile when you offer them congratulations after they beat you for best of breed/ group or best of anything!