Anyone Boarded At Doggy Farm Stay Middle Dural?

JoAnnP

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Anyone boarded their doggy at Doggy Farm Stay at Middle Dural in Sydney? or know anything about them?

cheers :)

Jo-Ann

Hi Joanne

Just came across this question, herewith a belated reply that hopefully will be of use to you in future.

We used Doggy Farm Stay for the first time in March this year for our four beloved Shelties. Only three were returned to us, little Jack having been mauled to death by two Staffies. The owner of the facility contacted us 6 days after the event to let us know of a "tragic accident". There was no responsible person at the facility at the time able to respond to the situation. Jack was left unattended for an unspecified time before being taken to the vet.

for the six days following the attack - until we received notification- our remaining dogs were still at the facility. We had them removed from the facility immediately we learned of Jack's death.

To this day the owner of the facility has never tried to call to explain or apologise in person.

These are just a few facts surrounding our experience. I offer no opinion or judgement.

Needless to say we are heartbroken.

:eek: OMG !! After reading this horrific post, I'm at a loss for words. This is one of the saddest things I have ever read.

Poor little Jack was left "unattended" for an unspecified time AFTER the attack because there was NOBODY there responsible enough to deal with this :mad

Why was he let run with Staffies ??? Surely there has got to be some 'duty of care' here. Not even so much as as apology.

I feel for you Dingbat & am so sorry for your loss :hug: R.I.P. Dear little Jack. Run free boy :angel::rainbowbridge:

Edited by BC Crazy

That is horrific and unacceptable, the two Staffies should have been declared dangerous dogs. I've heard about this sort of thing far too often. Is that place still operating?

Boarding dogs is always a concern but I can recommend another great kennel in the same area - Abbotswood. Very good facilities, very clean and well managed. They are very responsible there, they do tours of the facility if you ask.

Dingbat - did you contact the local council after this happened? The dogs are bound to be from the same area? Hornsby Council are very good, I'm not sure if that is Baulkham Hills though. I'd be interested to know if you have tried to report it somewhere, there is no excuse in the world for this sort of thing to happen, it's appalling. I'm so sorry for your poor little dog and for you, it's not somethign you can ever get over.

Dingbat, I am so sorry for your loss - what a horrible thing to have happened :(

I agree with Dogmad, these dogs really need to be followed through from council. The could do it again.

Who the hell leaves Staffys with 'unknown' dogs anyway?:mad

Dingbat, I'm lost for words :cry:

And on top of that, they never contacted you to apologise or explain? How are they still in business?

I'm not saying it's right in any way whatsoever, but the fact is they are probably still trading due to having customers sign release forms. That is, releasing the facility of any responsibility. I'm not sure if these release forms hold up under scrutiny so if this is the case it may be worth looking into.

What a bloody heartbreaking, tragic & unacceptable situation. :mad

Dear Dingbat

Thank you for your reply & I am so saddened to hear of your loss. I am absolutely appalled by your story - how can these people still be in business?????

This is another reason why these types of forums are so wonderful - we can all get such good feedback. We have a very much loved Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.

Thakn you again for sharing your story & letting others know about this place

Jo-Ann

That is horrific and unacceptable, the two Staffies should have been declared dangerous dogs. I've heard about this sort of thing far too often. Is that place still operating?

Boarding dogs is always a concern but I can recommend another great kennel in the same area - Abbotswood. Very good facilities, very clean and well managed. They are very responsible there, they do tours of the facility if you ask.

Hi, We have used Abbotswood too :) and have been very happy with the service. Our little boy always comes home happy.

And on top of that, they never contacted you to apologise or explain? How are they still in business?

I'm not saying it's right in any way whatsoever, but the fact is they are probably still trading due to having customers sign release forms. That is, releasing the facility of any responsibility. I'm not sure if these release forms hold up under scrutiny so if this is the case it may be worth looking into.

There is a PDF of terms and conditions on their website which is, indeed, a release form. Not one that I'd be happy to sign at all, especially in light of Dingbat's experience.

Dingbat I'm so sorry for your loss, what an awful way to lose little Jack. :(

I've just had a look at their website, it raises many concerns for me.

Me too. :(

So the dogs are just left to roam free, not even seperated? :eek: so what happens at dinner time when they're all eating their 'bones'? that's just asking for trouble!

It takes alot more than a bit of fenced land, towels and bones to look after dogs.

So sorry for your loss Dingbat. :hug:

There is a PDF of terms and conditions on their website which is, indeed, a release form. Not one that I'd be happy to sign at all, especially in light of Dingbat's experience.

Dingbat I'm so sorry for your loss, what an awful way to lose little Jack. :(

I don't think those releases actually release them from liability though, as much as people like to think they do.

I've just had a look at their website, it raises many concerns for me.

Me too. :(

So the dogs are just left to roam free, not even seperated? :eek: so what happens at dinner time when they're all eating their 'bones'? that's just asking for trouble!

It takes alot more than a bit of fenced land, towels and bones to look after dogs.

So sorry for your loss Dingbat. :hug:

Serious concerns for me. So sorry for your loss Dingbat :(

Guest lavendergirl

That is truly terrible - so sorry for your loss :(

Surely there is a duty of care - no matter what the client signs. What sort of "kennel" has dogs running around freely like that :confused:

I have been thinking abut this tragic incident since I first read about it at 5 am this morning. What sort of establishment is this?? I had a quick look at their web page & I

too have red flags flying everywhere. All sounds just lovely NOT. Dogs of all shapes & sizes running free around the place. Eating bones all together e.t.c With little supervision

either by the sound of things :( Definitely a recipe for disaster IMHO. Surely someone has to be held accountable for this negligence, no matter what was signed or what wasn't.

An horrifically sad situation for Jack, dingbat & family. A very preventable one if this 'boarding' place had professional,educated & trained staff.

Edited by BC Crazy