Collie Rough Bonnie From Blacktown Pound

For those who remember Bonnie.

It was such a sad day. I had to say goodbye to my beautiful foster baby, dear old sweet Bonnie girl. In December 2010 she was dumped at Blacktown Pound so old, so underweight, so matted and riddled with fleas. I brought her home up in the Country and took her to my lovely vet where it was established that she had cancer and it was expected that she only had maybe 6 months.

18 months later she had put on 10 kilos and had the most beautiful coat. She was a truly beautiful gentle soul who was so happy here where she was loved, looked after and everywhere I went she was right behind me. She would have followed me to the end of the earth and on some of our walks I think she must have thought I had taken her there. I can still hear her stressed barking every time I went out or she could not find me and she would come running trying to be the 1st to greet me when I came home.

RIP sweet Bonnie girl, you are missed so very much. :rainbowbridge:

Your ashes will be here soon and then you will be back in the home that you so loved and where you so belonged. Love you Bon Bon .:heart: :heart: :heart:

Thank you Rach for the parcels of goodies that you sent to this sweet girl, she enjoyed every morsel :D

Judy

post-3159-0-83562600-1338970880_thumb.jpg

Yes I remember Bonnie, such a beautiful soul.

I am truly sorry that she is no longer there to greet you first when you arrive home:(

May she rest easy knowing how much she was loved.

RIP Bonnie...so glad she found her forever home and left this world loved knowing love, kindness and the happiness that all dogs should have with a devoted loving owner. So sorry for hearing you lost her, but smiling knowing what joy she found with you.

You gave Bonnie the best life Judy. :flower:

I truly believe the love and care you gave her, was the reason she survived much longer than expected. :heart:

Although I never had the honour of meeting Bon Bon, I felt like I did know her and was so very sad when I found out she had crossed the bridge. :cry:

Huge hugs to you and the pack. I can only imagine how much you's all miss her. :grouphug:

And please if you need anything, someone to talk to or even just to cry, you know where I am. :hug:

R.I.P. sweet Bonnie. xxx :rainbowbridge: Run young and free again girl.

7344787272_77797ea9ea_z.jpg

You gave Bonnie the best life Judy. :flower:

I truly believe the love and care you gave her, was the reason she survived much longer than expected. :heart:

Although I never had the honour of meeting Bon Bon, I felt like I did know her and was so very sad when I found out she had crossed the bridge. :cry:

Huge hugs to you and the pack. I can only imagine how much you's all miss her. :grouphug:

And please if you need anything, someone to talk to or even just to cry, you know where I am. :hug:

R.I.P. sweet Bonnie. xxx :rainbowbridge: Run young and free again girl.

7344787272_77797ea9ea_z.jpg

This is so beautiful Rach, thank you so so much. I have added it to be old post.

We all miss her so much as she was such a character and such a part of the pack.

Thank you Rach, I would have thought you had enough of me crying on the phone to you, I just needed to tell someone who also knew just how special this little girl was. :hug: :hug: .

Waiting on her ashes :flower:

Do you know what I loved most about the gentle, loving Bonnie! She turned into a true feminist elderly lady when your other collies went by and she was tipped off-balance by their slip-stream. You told us how she'd pursue them to give them a good nip and a piece of her mind. And they'd look so puzzled....what was she on about! And she'd look very pleased with herself. 'No one messes with me!'

That will always be my memory of the marvellous Bonnie. She's an inspiration to us all.

You'll miss her terribly, Judy, but you gave her the chance and the strength to be the best she could be. That's why she loved you so much.

Dear Bonnie, R.I.P. now girl :rainbowbridge: You can spend all the time you want in your favourite place in the world where you are in paradise.

So sorry for your loss Judy :cry::grouphug: Bonnie brought tears to my eyes when I first read about her & the dreadful state she was in. She just blossomed with all your tlc, crying again

just cause she was just so beautiful & had a wonderful soul. At least the last part of her life she knew what it was to be truly loved & cared for thanks to you :flower:

Edited by BC Crazy

Bonnie was lucky to have found someone who cared...Thank you for caring and I am so sorry for your loss....RIP Bonnie, run free at Rainbow Bridge with all our other Angels........ :rainbowbridge:

Do you know what I loved most about the gentle, loving Bonnie! She turned into a true feminist elderly lady when your other collies went by and she was tipped off-balance by their slip-stream. You told us how she'd pursue them to give them a good nip and a piece of her mind. And they'd look so puzzled....what was she on about! And she'd look very pleased with herself. 'No one messes with me!'

That will always be my memory of the marvellous Bonnie. She's an inspiration to us all.

You'll miss her terribly, Judy, but you gave her the chance and the strength to be the best she could be. That's why she loved you so much.

She was such a inspiration Mita to everyone that knew about her.

I can still see her with a mouthful of fur after going at one of the youngster that dare dump into her especially if she was asleep, Such a special femimist old lady, well said!!!! :)

:cry: When my rescue boy's ashes arrived home I did the exact same thing LCHCR's I light a candle each night & he came home. I know cause I feel his presence & on occasion I see him looking a picture

of health & so very happy running around chasing the birds in the backyard like he always loved doing :heart:

My thoughts are with you at this very difficult time :grouphug::flower: