What Silly Things Is Your Dog/dogs Scared Of?

mantis

I don't want to be cocky here... but I think I win :laugh:

The other night I discovered that Cocoa is scared of....

wait for it...

BOK CHOY!

You know the green chinese cabbage?

I managed to get a video of it :D

LOL awesome (cept how does playful body language & waggy tail = scared :confused: )

Although I hate that stuff too, so I don't blame her ;)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My sister's dog is terrified of laundry baskets. Whenever someone walks through the house with a basket (empty or full) she freaks out and runs as far away from you as possible, or hides behind someone.

wait for it...

BOK CHOY!

th_9b041cde.jpg

ETA: ^^ Click the still image to see the video.

LOL!!! God she is pretty!!

Agree! Beautiful!!

wait for it...

BOK CHOY!

LOL awesome (cept how does playful body language & waggy tail = scared :confused: )

Although I hate that stuff too, so I don't blame her ;)

Lol watch her body language closely. The waggy tail is because she's nervous and the playful body language is because I am speaking to her and encouraging her to come and investigate, and she wants to please me but is scared of it at the same time. She tends to go silly and do zoomies if she's ever in conflict like that.

She does this also when I have crinky plastic bags out as once I popped one and it scared the shit out of her. So whenever I have them she sort of runs up all waggy and playful and they goes OH NO NO I'M SCARED and runs away, so I call her back and she slinks back all waggy trying to please me then OH NO I'M SCARED AGAIN. And so on and so forth :rofl: She was beginning to lose the fear by the end of the video though so her body language relaxes and becomes more genuinely playful.

Oh and thanks for the kind words guys!

Edited by melzawelza

Chloe Dachie has many fears but one of the scariest is plastic bags. She hates it when I get the garbage bag out and flap it to get it open. Both Chloe and the cat also hate the ironing board. :shrug: Luckily it doesn't get used much. :shhh:

My old dog Pierre has a serious dislike of plastic bags and arches/tunnel type things. He was bought a kennel and was too scared to get into it. And on a walk when he was young we tried to pass through quite a large arch that was up high, and he put the brakes on and had to be carried through.

Almost everything! Edna is fine with thunder. Not sure about fireworks yet.

The biggest ones I've noticed is shaking out clothes/plastic bags, squeaky toys, balls, clapping, slamming doors, when it's super windy, hairdryer. She's a rescue and I'm pretty certain she was abused at one of her last two homes. She used to be terrified of the kitchen. Wouldn't go past a certain point, but now she comes in and sits on my feet while I'm cookingmormdoing the dishes. Great little foot warmer in winter!

Heidi is scared of champagne bottles, particularly the cork being popped. After that she's fine.

Perry used to be scared of ceiling fans but now the only thing she is really cautious about is a red glass duck who lives on the top of the china cabinet.

She is not too keen on small men in big hats either - we used to walk by the Lake when Howard was PM and if he was wearing his Akubra he would get a bark and a growl.

Howard the Whippet is deeply suspicious of ceiling fans. :o

So is Elbie. He honks at them and glares at them. Then he gets up onto the bed very reluctantly, all the while eyeballing the ceiling fan. By contrast, Hoover doesn't even seem to notice the fan!! Elbie also doesn't like the robopanda we have with flashing red eyes but who can blame him for that? Also, I was sure he'd be afraid of balloons but he's fine:

My two went through a phase when they didn't like those noisy blade scooters that the kids like tearing around on but they seem to have outgrown that dislike.

Edited by koalathebear

My little guy Chip is petrified of white feathers... no other colour just white. He's pretty convienced they are aliens from Mars out to get him so he makes sure he runs away from them as fast as possible :rollseyes: :laugh:

omg... that just reminded me...

panto is scared of bubbles. If I start blowing bubbles (the soapy kind) she'll eye them very suspiciously and find a corner or wall to lean against, but still keep an eye on them.

just in case they attack.

We had a collie who was scared stupid of a photo (large blowup)

Now this collie was fearless - would take on anyone or anything. Ask him to jump off a cliff - no probs. Ask him to watch fireworks - no problem.

But put this photo in his sight and he would literally piddle himself whilst cringing and hiding/running. It was so bad that we had to put it away and never bring it out (first time it was funny till we realised he was genuinely frightened and every attempt of gradual introduction or whatever failed)

The funniest part was that it was a photo of the sheltie he lived with and got on famously with. But it was a headshot where the eyes followed you around the room. We think that is what scared the hell out of him

Hugo is scared of taps being turned on (thanks mum) and getting something off an office chair (the ones that have wheels and rotate). I once threw his toy on top of a chair in another room by accident and he barked at it and I tried to show him where the toy was and even tried to put his front paws up on the chair so he could see it but he had his nails dug into the ground and he was just terrified of it!

Ironically, his favorite place to sleep is right underneath my office chair with his chin resting on one of the cold metal legs.

Ava is scared of her flea treatment, she will hide in her crate when she hears the tearing of the packet (or panadol being popped out even) after she has had the flea treatment put on she will keep rolling on her back trying to get it off (I've checked before and never any rash, just the sensation)

Also she is scared of the lint roller, every morning I give her a cuddle and have to go to work and a golden retriever and black pants don't mix, so i get the lint roller and she looks spooked and runs off.