Lost The Puppy Smell

katetk

Ok, here I was thinking that little Hugo was doing pretty well on the toilet training thing, juat the odd poop on the newspaper when I go to get him out of his room... And the "omg I am so happy to see you you wee " when he sees anyone lol..

Well, he stinks, and I have figured out why, he has been peeing on his bankers in his crate and then.... Sleeping on it :o

I don't want to give him a full bath as I have no shampoo and it is a bit cool here today (I rarely bath the cairn hence no shampoo of the puppy variety), so I was wondering if they is anything I could spritz him with that I may have around the house. For somereason I am thinking acv ??

He is outside airing and his blankets are being soaked lol.

Edited by katetk

If he is laying in pee ... it can burn his skin so you need to make sure you not only get it off the hair but also the skin.

My youngest was bathed at 11pm the night he arrived and later received two baths late at night. One what when he fell in the cold, smelly fish pond and the other was when he had the runs and not only walked in it but then sat and layed in it. We made sure he was towelled dry and then we put him near the fire (not too close) and in a draft free room until he was completely dry. A hair dryer set on low is also good.

Not complelty sure he is lying in it, but his blankets tell me he must be... They had pee stains on them.

Into the tub for Hugo then, I think I have some aloveen conditioner..somewhere .

You don't need baby shampoo just use what you have & rinse well .

My show dogs have never been washed in baby or dog shampoo in there life .

If the dog stinks it needs to be bathed cool or not ,towel rub ,brush.

Can't you also use that soap free wash, oh I have gone blank you get it from the chemist.. White pump bottle with blue writing.. I'm buying some today, I have run out of the dog shampoo I bought from clean run in that last free delivery special ..

Oh Q wash is ot ??

I read somewhere it was good for dogs :-) I'm bathing rogue tomorrow so I'll let you know how it goes..

It's called QV Wash. I use it on myself coz I have horribly senso skin.

Never tried on the dogs though but could be good :)

I read somewhere it was good for dogs :-) I'm bathing rogue tomorrow so I'll let you know how it goes..

It's called QV Wash. I use it on myself coz I have horribly senso skin.

Never tried on the dogs though but could be good :)

Mumof4 -did u use the qv wash? Would love to know what u think?