German Shepherd Locked In Bird Cage & Dumped

http://www.news.com.au/national/german-shepherd-locked-in-bird-cage/story-e6frfkvr-1226396961716

A 30kg German Shepherd has been found locked inside a bird cage and dumped on the side of a road in Adelaide. The RSPCA says the dog was found this morning at suburban Blakeview inside the galah cage, and they didn't know how long it had been there.

"To lock a large dog of roughly 30kg in a cage this size so that he can't even turn around, with no water, is absolutely disgusting," RSPCA Chief Inspector Simon Richards said.

"I can't recall an animal being dumped in this manner. It would have been incredibly stressful for him."

Insp Richards said the dog was currently too stressed and aggressive to handle, so was yet to be checked for a microchip.

He said an investigation was underway and those responsible could face a maximum two-year jail term or a $20,000 fine.

*** I hope the SA RSPCA is not like the one in WA, otherwise I would hold grave fears for this dog. ***

who dumps a dog like this :(

:mad

This happened 10 minutes from where I live - within my local suburban council area :(. It makes me sick to think that whilst my own (slightly spoilt) GSD was resting in comfort in my bedroom, another of her breed was being treated so inhumanely :(.

I hope the monster that did this is caught :mad and that they can find a new home for this boy where he will receive the love and care that he truly deserves.

Poor dog. I hate cruelty to any animal, but when it is the breed I love :mad: yes I dont hold out much hope for the poor thing, sounds very mistreated(aside from being dumped in a cage). This dog is 4kgs lighter then my 9mnth old girl and the thought of locking her in a cage :( whatever happens I hope this poor young dog is soon in a better situation.

After those three little labradorX pups being found dumped in a bin outside a service station - only one survived. Now the poor darling Shepherd jammed into a bird cage. It's frightening and vile. One rotten incident seems to set off a chain reaction. Others copy it. What kind of psychos are out there?

I'm also concerned that the Shepherd won't survive. How do we catch the gutless b*stds who do these cruel and unforgiveable things?

Dear god !! What is wrong with people. I just can not for the life of me comprehend how & why anyone would want to hurt & torture a poor defenseless dog or any living being.

I hope this poor boy can come through this but the sheer brutality of this may be to much for him.

As for those b&st#rds who comitted this horrific act of cruelty, may you get what is coming to you sooner rather than later.