Glenn Wheatley Loses Part Of Finger In Dog Attack

j

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8484857/glenn-wheatley-loses-finger-in-dog-attack

Celebrity music manager Glenn Wheatley has lost part of his finger in a nasty dog attack in Sydney.

Wheatley, who manages John Farnham and gained notoriety when he was jailed for tax fraud in 2007, was walking his son Tim's dog Danko when he was attacked.

An American pit bull mastiff reportedly lunged at Danko and Wheatley intervened, trying to save the family dog.

But the stranger's pet chewed off part of Wheatley's middle finger.

Wheatley spent several days in hospital but has not yet commented on the incident.

His son confirmed the reports to the Herald Sun.

Source: Herald Sun

Author: Ali Best. Approving editor: Fiona Willan.

I roll my eyes everytime that I see mastiff identified in a dog attack. Not saying that it is impossible for these dogs to possibly hurt someone, but really... They are very passive dogs for the most part and were bred not to bite, but to pin down or hold people. Mastiffs and bullmastiffs are gentle giants.

I roll my eyes everytime that I see mastiff identified in a dog attack. Not saying that it is impossible for these dogs to possibly hurt someone, but really... They are very passive dogs for the most part and were bred not to bite, but to pin down or hold people. Mastiffs and bullmastiffs are gentle giants.

Any breed of dog can attack. I have seen a bull mastiff in my local dog park who was one of the nastiest dogs around. The whole dog park would clear out every time his owner brought him in. He was finally declared a dangerous dog.