Anyone Looking For A Working Dog?

Hopefully i can put this here!

The lad is a mix of Dingo, Timber Wolf, GSD and Mal who is approx 2 year old, and has had tracking experience and considerable like training. The daughter of this lad is also available, she would have the same mix, however we think the mother was pure Shepherd. She is approx 9-10 months old, but she wouldn’t really be suitable as a family pet, so again maybe an experienced couple, or someone wanting a dog to train.

If someone is interested please pm me and i'll pass on the details further details and if still interested will pass on details of my friend - she's not the breeder/owner of the dogs (is in Brissie), but has personally assessed the lad and is liaising on behalf of the owner.

ETA - Remove excess info - if interested pm me.

Edited by KitKat

If these dogs aren't so good around people they don't know, if their temperaments aren't solid and stable, why are they being put up as SAR dogs?

Edited by Erny

They aren't necessarily put up as SAR - the lad has had a lot of tracking training etc and i just put it up as a possibility. They are fine with people, just initially shy rather then aggressive or overtly friendly as i understand it. The girl is more forward and comes across as more confident initially then the lad. They do need to work tho rather then be a yard dog or once/twice a week with basic obedience etc

how did we manage to get straight timberwolf crosses in the country, they are illegal. Or are they part 'czech wolfdog' that some people supposedly have up in QLD.

What kind of work are they actually suited to? Do they have guarding ability? How much tracking has the male done?

Tried to Pm you Nek - if you want to pm me your email address i'll forward what info i have.

The dogs aren't from straight wolf or Czech's, 1/4 wolf to GSD crosses are allowed in Aus, or at least QLD and some were brought in a number of years ago by a breeder up the coast. They've been working with the lines for a while and i'm guessing these two dogs lines go back to them or something similar.

Not having a go but just wondering why people would breed dogs to include 2 naturally aloof wild dogs (dingo and wolf) mixed with other breeds and expect them to be good with strangers and unfamiliar places.

Interesting mix. Would like to see the rest of the litter or litters of same cross and see how they turned out.