Not A Tick, Not A Pimple

Ok, so had the dogs at the vet yesterday, Hugo for for puppy vaccs and isobel for general check up and a parvo shot as she hadn't been done since 12 month vaccs (she is 4.5 :o )

All is well and they are fine, however, I noticed prior to vet appt (convenient) that Hugo has what looks like a tick (and having pulled a tick off him the day before) I could have sworn it was a tick, also having lost a dog last year to the things I am pretty sure what they are.

But, I could not remove it, my vets first thought was "it looks like a little tick", we couldn't for the life of us remove it, after beeing confident it is not a tick she said, it seems to be put of him? Honestly, we tried without squeezing at first to remove it, then tweezers sort of flick it off, tried grabbing the thing... It wouldn't budge.

It is on his muzzle, it is grey, looks like - tick, has a kind of black head pin point in the middle, like a blocked hair follicle, but as the vet said, with all our prodding u would think something would have come out or off..

He is back again for 16 week vaccs in a few weeks, obviously till then I will keep an eye on it...

I have taken some (really terrible) pictures as he is so difficult to get a pic of being black... And a puppy, I had to wait till he was zonked out on me.

Here they are.... Thoughts

9a4c2fe0.jpg

4505aef7.jpg

Edited by katetk

Cannot see clearly from the photos, but sounds similar to what our girl had last year, on her snout. I cannot for the life of me remember the name the vet gave it, but basically, it is a skin lump, that comes up, sometimes bleeds, then disappears 6-8 weeks later. But, what surprises me, that if it is this, that your vet didn't recognise it - perhaps because it is so early. Our vet did a fine needle biopsy (our girls lump was probably bigger), to make sure that it wasn't anything sinister. And, sure enough, if disappeared 6 weeks later. But, definitely keep an eye on it. Our girls one got bigger, bled, then went away - just mentioning the bleeding, as that's what freaked me out.

Hrrrm, perhaps it is that? It is about the size of the tip of a biro (small)

Will try and get some more pix.

Do dogs get skin tags?

Eta- not sure it is now, there is no red colour to it at all and everything I am reading says they are red. Vet didn't seem too concerned and wouldn't be surprised it it was gone by next visit. Will just keep an eye on it - any changes will take him back.

I think she may not have done a needle thingy (?) on him as it was so difficult to just get him to let us look at it. Isobel on the other hand did have a needle thingy on a lump (she has a cyst thing) and was well behaved .

Edited by katetk

Not, sure, that is what isobel has on her side (about the size of a 10c piece) and another one cropped up much smaller on her spine (we had that checked yesterday as it was a new one)

The more I look at it, I think it is a blocked whisker? Is that possible? On the other side he has a few longer tougher whiskers than the hair in his muzzle (which is scruffy - he is a border terrier) ... But can dogs get them? I am nly thinking this cause it has a black head, possibly a whisker trying to escape :eek: