Most Suitable Show Lead

I'm in the market to buy a show lead for Gus, the one I have will be useful for when his a little more experienced and behaved, but for his next show 1 July I will need a more reliable show lead.

What do people suggest?

Edited by TheCheekyMonster

It really depends what YOU feel comfortable using on him. Show leads can be very personal I have found.

IMO though a basic setup is a basic check chain (not chunky, but doesnt need to be ultra fine either - just needs to be a good fit length-wise) and a basic nylon clip show lead. For a Dally about 70cm give or take would work fine.

Look here at Pet network for example: http://www.petnetwor...&cart_id=240783

(show lead BON-70 or BON-08 with a BON-103 type clip would be my suggestion)

Edited by espinay2

It really depends what YOU feel comfortable using on him. Show leads can be very personal I have found.

IMO though a basic setup is a basic check chain (not chunky, but doesnt need to be ultra fine either - just needs to be a good fit length-wise) and a basic nylon clip show lead. For a Dally about 70cm give or take would work fine.

Look here at Pet network for example: http://www.petnetwor...&cart_id=240783

(show lead BON-70 or BON-08 with a BON-103 type clip would be my suggestion)

What Espinay says.

Depends what feels right for you and the dog.

I use martingales on my puppies but if they are hard to deal with they get a light chain and a short nylon lead.

Yep very personal & what works for each dog .

Personally i start with what i want as an adult the only difference is i use a thicker cloth choker for the pups until normally 10 months or how advance they are .

But that may change on the dog aswell & then a lead more suited to that dog will be used .

So what are you using to train pup on now & wht don't you like about it & what do you hope to use long term

Thanks guys!, yes It probably is a very personal choice I just need a "ball point figure" so to speak so I can start from a "recommended" and work my way around that. Just because I am totally clueless, Gus is 10 months and he has only been in one show, i feel so bad but time just slips away! and we started late so his "show lead" ediquit is not desiarable at the moment.

:laugh: fair enough - maybe have a look and see what other showies have with young pups...

I'm not sure of the setup in NSW but if there is a shop there you could take Gus there with you to try before you buy? see what's comfortable and what he responds to the best. I had a variety already with my latest pups - I showed two from the same litter and they had different leads.

Go to one of the show vans that are at Erskine Park. When the shows are on at Castle Hill (like this weekend) Show Equipment will also be there. Don is always extremely helpful in recommending what will suit your dog and will generally even let you try it on.

TB

Go to one of the show vans that are at Erskine Park. When the shows are on at Castle Hill (like this weekend) Show Equipment will also be there. Don is always extremely helpful in recommending what will suit your dog and will generally even let you try it on.

TB

Awesome, thanks for that!