Rescue Group For Lambs/sheep?

Howdy folks, this is slightly off-topic I know... but is anyone aware of a rescue group that would take lambs/sheep in the Sydney area? There's a local person seemingly dumping them over the last few days, and RSPCA, WIRES, etc don't want to get involved.

Any ideas/thoughts?

Wagga Animal Rescue often takes lambs that are dumped. I raised one from day old that was dumped in deposit pen at pound n we had another one last month. We have a few foater carers that are vet students with family farms they can live there lives out on.

I suggest you take care that they are going to be genuinely rescued, as I know of a couple of instances where rescued sheep, and rabbits were actually taken for table use,not as pets or to keep the grass down,as they were killed and eaten.

Howdy folks, this is slightly off-topic I know... but is anyone aware of a rescue group that would take lambs/sheep in the Sydney area? There's a local person seemingly dumping them over the last few days, and RSPCA, WIRES, etc don't want to get involved.

Any ideas/thoughts?

There is a livestock impounding facility in the Hawkesbury. Sadly, I don’t like their chances, poor little souls :(

The sale yards at Mulgrave are very distressing for those who love and care for animals. I have only been there once, came home with a two day old calf who I hand raised. I refused to leave without her. She was so distressed, sick and weak, my husband had to carry her to the car as she was too weak to walk, I nursed her on my lap on the way home.

Olive is now an enormous Friesian who thinks she is a dog I am sure.

Good Luck.

Any ideas/thoughts?

There is a livestock impounding facility in the Hawkesbury. Sadly, I don’t like their chances, poor little souls :(

The sale yards at Mulgrave are very distressing for those who love and care for animals. I have only been there once, came home with a two day old calf who I hand raised. I refused to leave without her. She was so distressed, sick and weak, my husband had to carry her to the car as she was too weak to walk, I nursed her on my lap on the way home.

Good Luck.

Thanks for saving Olive. :thumbsup: The plight of poddy calves is so sad. :cry: I wouldn't have been able to leave her there either & she sounds wonderful. It must have been so rewarding to rescue her.

I am surprised the RSPCA will not take them. I woudl ring again and read them their own objectives that lists animals - not dogs and cats. They even focus some objectives on farm animals and regularly feature them on their shows. Our local RSPCA and I knwo Brisbane often have farm animals for sale.

Any ideas/thoughts?

Good Luck.

Thanks for saving Olive. :thumbsup: The plight of poddy calves is so sad. :cry: I wouldn't have been able to leave her there either & she sounds wonderful. It must have been so rewarding to rescue her.

Olive is a doll :heart: I agree the plight of poddy calves is distressing. I rescued Patrick from the knackery (he was born in the paddock and I spotted him) Mum was taken there as she had black mastitis :( I did everything possible to save Mum as well) spoke to numerous vets, the university etc though nothing could be done for her. So I made her a promise.

Poor little tyke was only a day old. I hand raised Patrick and when old enough had him castrated and him dehorned. I was hoping to integrate him with the horses, though they fobbed him off. I went to the sales to get Patrick a companion and Miss Olive came home with us. Patrick and Olive are inseparable.

I was 8 months pregnant with my third bub and sat with Olive all night long, she wore a large dog coat and began to feed early hours of the morning thank god. My Husband who is experienced with stock didn’t think she would make the night.

The doggers were bidding on Olive. I had $100 to buy her, my Husband did the bidding, it reached $100, he looked at me and I stood up on the metal railing and yelled at the top of my lungs "Honey, I don’t care how high you have to go but I am NOT leaving without this calf"!

ETA I hope there is some good news for the lambs and sheep, any updates?

Edited by Nic.B

Any ideas/thoughts?

Good Luck.

Olive is a doll :heart: I agree the plight of poddy calves is distressing. I rescued Patrick from the knackery (he was born in the paddock and I spotted him) Mum was taken there as she had black mastitis :( I did everything possible to save Mum as well) spoke to numerous vets, the university etc though nothing could be done for her. So I made her a promise.

Poor little tyke was only a day old. I hand raised Patrick and when old enough had him castrated and him dehorned. I was hoping to integrate him with the horses, though they fobbed him off. I went to the sales to get Patrick a companion and Miss Olive came home with us. Patrick and Olive are inseparable.

I was 8 months pregnant with my third bub and sat with Olive all night long, she wore a large dog coat and began to feed early hours of the morning thank god. My Husband who is experienced with stock didn’t think she would make the night.

The doggers were bidding on Olive. I had $100 to buy her, my Husband did the bidding, it reached $100, he looked at me and I stood up on the metal railing and yelled at the top of my lungs "Honey, I don’t care how high you have to go but I am NOT leaving without this calf"!

What a lovely story (except for poor Mum). Thanks for sharing.

Any ideas/thoughts?

Good Luck.

Go Olive, yay!

Any ideas/thoughts?

Good Luck.

What a lovely story (except for poor Mum). Thanks for sharing.

That's a great story!!!! You just didn't give up!