Heads Up On Dog Theives

BC Crazy

Don't know if I have posted this in the right place or not but I just wanted to let everyone know that we have some dog thieves in the Port Stephens area.

2 dogs, I think they were both Bull Terrior's were taken last night from a residence at Medowie. There has been a number of dogs taken in the Rutherford/Newcastle area of late

one of whom, "Tank" has been found dead :cry: just the other day. I don't know if it is the same B@#tards but it certainly sounding like it. Lock up your precious dogs everyone please.

Keep an eye out for anything that looks suspect. I am really starting to worry. It is getting way to close to home for my liking :(

Edited by BC Crazy

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

indeed. i am so upset I don't know where to begin. Dogs should be allowed to run around the yard, we shouldn't have to worry about keeping them inside when we aren't home or making a run to lock them in. i understand the police are busy but think more should be done about it.

where did you hear about the dogs begin taken from Medowie?

frown.gif what horrible people.

It's horrifying to think what happens to these poor dogs. I can't even bear to think about it.

Please note, they seem to be just not targeting larger or "aggressive" breeds any more, any dog is at risk. The smaller dogs are used as 'teasers' for the larger dogs. Once again, something that makes me sick to think about.

Take care.

Local radio station this morning & OH rang me early this morning from work in Newcastle & apparently one of his apprentice's heard about through a friend who lives in Medowie.

Just dreadful isn't it? The lengths you have to go to just to keep your precious loved ones safe in their OWN Yard :mad:(

My stepson lives locally & owns a Aussie Bulldog who is just the nicest natured dog but is built like a brick outhouse, so I have let him know to keep him in the house as much as he can when he is not home

because I think it seems to be the preferred breed for these low lives.

I hope these b@#$tards get caught soon. It is so worrying for me. I have also posted this heads up on the lost & found thread under the Stolen Bulldog "Tank" who was a very sad victim of these dog thieves :(

Edited by BC Crazy

It's horrifying to think what happens to these poor dogs. I can't even bear to think about it.

Please note, they seem to be just not targeting larger or "aggressive" breeds any more, any dog is at risk. The smaller dogs are used as 'teasers' for the larger dogs. Once again, something that makes me sick to think about.

Take care.

[/quote

Oh, isn't that just charming cheybrock. Makes me sick to the stomach just thinking about that too. What is wrong with these people.

Edited by BC Crazy

I wish more could be done to hunt down these scum.Someone must know something.Perhaps a reward for information.How do these thieves know what dogs of a particular breed are in what yard where.??

:eek: Cat, sounds like they aren't fussy now. Just anyone's much loved pet will do :(

The information is out there.Dogs are microchipped and registered and details are at Vets.How many people have access to that information.It would take weeks to look in every yard in a suburb.How they can swoop in an area and take all similar breeds in a short time has me wondering.

It gets worse :mad

Not only did Tank die, but a few Staffords have been stolen around the Maitland area, one of which was dumped on the side of the road, the bastards had ground his teeth down. The ONLY reason to do this is so that their own pit dogs don't get hurt when the bait dog tries to defend itself. They take away its chance of survival :(

I have chains and locks on all my runs, gates etc, there are 2 gates to get in or out. I'm hoping that's enough. Word on the street is that it's not just the one bloke in his van with cages on teh flat top - they come in numbers now.

We are letting anybody and everybody know. This has to be stopped.

Not only did Tank die, but a few Staffords have been stolen around the Maitland area, one of which was dumped on the side of the road, the bastards had ground his teeth down. The ONLY reason to do this is so that their own pit dogs don't get hurt when the bait dog tries to defend itself. They take away its chance of survival :(

I have chains and locks on all my runs, gates etc, there are 2 gates to get in or out. I'm hoping that's enough. Word on the street is that it's not just the one bloke in his van with cages on teh flat top - they come in numbers now.

OMG !! Ground the poor dogs teeth down. Jesus thats disgusts me. How very cruel & barbaric can one be.

Trouble with this whole extremely horrific situation is there are a lot of very cruel people out there with not a compassionate bone in their body that will pay very big bucks to watch this "entertainment". With no regard for the dogs or their welfare, its all about the cash.

Just sickens me. They need to be stopped.

Putrid excuses for human beings :mad We are all on the lookout down here on the Central Coast,we are not that far away.

It's unfortunately happening in a lot of places. I had a lady call me on Wednesday to ask for help and ideas on what to do as her pedigree Bull Terrier bitch had been stolen.

This poor woman was clutching at straws and just calling bully breeders (that's how she got onto me) for any ideas on getting her back. This was geebung in Brisbane.

Guest donatella

This is so sad to read. I truly hope police are investigating before more dogs are killed, I can't imagine the pain the victims families are going through :(

OMG !! Ground the poor dogs teeth down. Jesus thats disgusts me. How very cruel & barbaric can one be.

Trouble with this whole extremely horrific situation is there are a lot of very cruel people out there with not a compassionate bone in their body that will pay very big bucks to watch this "entertainment". With no regard for the dogs or their welfare, its all about the cash.

Just sickens me. They need to be stopped.

A few years ago we had the misfortune to have a friend bring a friend to one of our BBQs. This friend of our friend was talking about a dog fight that he was invited to out Yass way. He said they move it around all the time so the police don't find it.

He was telling everyone how they duct tape the bait dogs mouth shut so it can't defend itself...

Needless to say our friend apologized for his mate as he had no idea his mate was involved with that sort of thing..

I sat there and pumped him for info, which he didn't really give me anything I could use. I still went to the police and told them what he had said.

They told me that they knew of it but were yet to catch anyone related to dog fighting...

It is disgusting and so are the people involved in it..

It just breaks my heart to think of any animals involved