Heads Up On Dog Theives

BC Crazy

I agree with Nevafollo, Monday night one of my neighbors came and gave me a rego no of a ute that was supposedly stalking our dogs while we were out. He gave me and another neighbor the rego no. We reported it to the police. Next morning the same ute is parked near our gate again, it turns out to be a member of a club next to our property. Other neighbor posts rego no onto FB. Now all of a sudden this vehicle is spotted in another area with same no.plates but with dog cages on the back and different make of ute. Now the poor guy that owns the Rego no doesn't have cages on the back of his vehicle but does at times have his working dogs tied on the back of the ute.

This type of info is just causing confusion, Rego nos should be handed to police and let them deal with it. I also CAN'T complain about the way police handled our report, they turned up on my doorstep 3 hours after making the report and they had to drive about 70k as our station isn't maned.

So people please make sure your info is correct before posting.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just wondering if the RSPCA are doing anything about this, arnt they surpose to be about animal welfare

or do we need something more like the animal police in the US

and if by some chance we catch these so called people, they should never see the light of day again AND I hope there cell mate is an animal lover

Yes goldenluv isn't Karma just a wonder thing :D The trouble is they would probably winge the very first time someone looked sideways at them in jail & then they'd get put into

protective custody, poor little didim's. Throw the b@#tards in with the main stream population I say. Let them 'sort' them out.

We really do need an animal police type of thing here that purely deal with this sort of thing. That would free up our police too cause ATM IMO seems they are run off their feet & bogged down

with all the paper work that goes along with every arrest.

Edited by BC Crazy

Just wondering if the RSPCA are doing anything about this, arnt they surpose to be about animal welfare

and if by some chance we catch these so called people, they should never see the light of day again AND I hope there cell mate is an animal lover

While it seems like an animal welfare issue, it is primarily a Theft, which the police investigate. RSPCA don't have any powers under the Criminal Code, only the Animal Welfare Act relevant to their state/territory.

Nevafollo, I know its very sad & annoying, we are all getting really worried BUT............Wot if you are wrong??

Personally I,m NOT taking ANY Chances. I,m not letting my guard down or getting complacent by personal experience no-one is going to change my mind, I can only hope they get caught & locked up like a lot of us wants but in the meantime I will be VERY VIGILANT!! & just listen & see to what is out there. Good on you people for keeping an eye out, dog related or not, there is so much evil out there. :thumbsup:

You think its right for people to plaster photos of random peoples cars all over FB when they dont know if the car is linked or not? People have a right to privacy and theres also the innocent until proven guilty thing. All I have seen on FB is a bunch of heresay, eg. this car was in the area when this dog was stolen... whats to say that dog didnt just go missing? Whats to say the person in that car wasnt just driving to work? There have been alot of dogs being "taken" then returned... those stories sound like rubbish to me cause FRANKLY if they take a dog they have taken the dog you are not likely to get it back, look at the bulldog tank there was a $6000 reward, who ever had him got cold feet and did something or he died from some sort of stress? he was never coming back alive! These guys are ba*tards and cruel they arnt going to be going back to the scene of the crime to return a dog!! So many dogs that have just gone wandering have been reported as stolen, it makes it hard to see how bad the situation REALLY is! Im not saying it should all be ignored but I do think some are doing things the wrong way!

I am NOT taking any chances either, I have SIX dogs, who are now locked up when ever anyone isnt home (this is a hard task!), it is COMPLETELY unfair on them, they are an active-ish breed and like the yard time! Now that this has happened this is how it will ALWAYS be for my dogs, they will always be under lock and key when i am not home! They are far to valuable in many repects to chance leaving them out!

Sadly I fear the RSPCA cant and wont do much! The USA is far more advanced that us as far as animal crulty is concerned!

Edited by Nevafollo

There have been alot of dogs being "taken" then returned... those stories sound like rubbish to me cause FRANKLY if they take a dog they have taken the dog you are not likely to get it back, look at the bulldog tank there was a $6000 reward, who ever had him got cold feet and did something or he died from some sort of stress? he was never coming back alive! These guys are ba*tards and cruel they arnt going to be going back to the scene of the crime to return a dog!! So many dogs that have just gone wandering have been reported as stolen, it makes it hard to see how bad the situation REALLY is! Im not saying it should all be ignored but I do think some are doing things the wrong way!

I don't understand why Tank's unmarked body was dumped at the side of the road. Does anybody have any information on his autopsy yet?

It's all very sad and I can understand and sympathize with people's reactions even if it does seem at times to perhaps be over the top. I would want to keep my dogs safe too and would go to any lengths to do so.

Let alone the dogs 'State Of Mind' being locked up a lot over all this. In a way even if it isn't happening as much as we think I think it's good that we are having a "Voice' here. Just wish all concerned could 'Voice' to the Australian Government to catch up with US Laws for Animals in Aussie. Can someone type up a petition to get things moving now we have a lot of attention on this extremely important subject? I,m dam sure there is a lot of interest out there. :crossfingers:

Let alone the dogs 'State Of Mind' being locked up a lot over all this. In a way even if it isn't happening as much as we think I think it's good that we are having a "Voice' here. Just wish all concerned could 'Voice' to the Australian Government to catch up with US Laws for Animals in Aussie. Can someone type up a petition to get things moving now we have a lot of attention on this extremely important subject? I,m dam sure there is a lot of interest out there. :crossfingers:

not sure if this is what you had in mind but SOCARES is trying to get a police task force going and recommends writing these letters

http://www.socares.com.au/so_cares_calls_for_police.htm

So where is the evidence of one single dog stolen and used as a "bait" dog? Why are their none of these bait dogs bodies with the teeth ground down ect being officially autopsied and the results publicly released/handed to the relevant authorities like Tanks?

So where is the evidence of one single dog stolen and used as a "bait" dog? Why are their none of these bait dogs bodies with the teeth ground down ect being officially autopsied and the results publicly released/handed to the relevant authorities like Tanks?

I don't think everyone can afford to have autopsies & damed if you do damed if you don't have a photo of the cruelty 'someone' will make bad comment for photgraphing also. We can only assume :( some (unfortunately) & just take HEED of the warnings that it is out there.Such a disgraceful world some people in it!

Edited by Angel3

If there is evidence of animal cruelty, and it is reported then authorities would be conducting these autopsies themselves and taking photos such as in the wolfhound case several years ago.

All I can see at the moment is building vigilante hysteria and genuine fear over something which may or may not be happening and absolutely no evidence let alone charges.

The dog with its teeth ground down was put to sleep because of its psychological problems because of what it went through. What would they autopsy for? Surely the teeth is enough evidence of cruelty?

I don't understand how the police can say it is not happening when there were interviews with the people who found him and had to PTS in the paper. Unless it is the case that these people aren't bothering to make formal police complaints shrug.gif

I agree that there is an element of hysteria, but it also looks like at least something is going on - whether or not it is to the scale that is being depicted.

Or they are being a bit careless with the truth. Vets are required by law to report all suspected animal cruelty. An autopsy would have provided evidence of this and any other injuries. It is convenient that the dog had to be put down due to "psychological issues" before it was properly assessed and evidence collected which would lead to a potential arrest oratthe least help police with a case. It all sounds a bit fishy to me and so many people are alarmed and no doubt living in fear.

Just heard a lady that rang our local radio station & said last night 7.30pm, Merrylands area in Newcastle, her son was just coming home from work & there was an old, beaten up white ute,

towing a trailer with dog crates in it, covered with an old tarp. Neither ute or trailer had any number plates on it. They had the back down just about to load up their 12 year old Rottie & their 5 year

old Shepard :eek: when he stopped & went to approach them they took off very quickly. There was 2 dogs already in the crates in the trailer :(:( The people across that live across the road have

been looking for their 'lost' 2 Lab's all day :eek::cry::mad

God knows what these B@#tards did to these family pets. 12 year old Rottie & the Sheppard but when the son went into the yard to check, the usually very placid Rottie wouldn't come to him & was visibly shaken,

the Shepard was running around the yard with it's tail between it's legs going off it's brain.

Please everyone just keep a look out for this ute or anything that you thinks looks sus. Please, please keep a vigilant eye on your very much loved four legged family members. These barbarians seem to be on the move,

targeting random places & times & any breed of dog is not SAFE. Take care everyone.

Bloody hell, how lucky was that!!!! What awful terrible people. I hope they burn in hell for all eternity, they are getting far more brazen so people do need to be extremely vigilant.

I agree people should not be randomly posting photos and rego's, report them to the police