Isqueak Balls

kayla1

I wasn't seeking further clarification and was just replying to your post but now I'm very confused. The iSqueaks I received have the square tag, which you are saying is old stock. That I understood. Piper said in an earlier post that she understood that it was the old iSqueaks that have the high pitched squeak and that the new version is the one with the low pitched squeak. This corresponded with what you said about the tags as the ones I received with the square tag have a high pitched squeak. It also came up that the new style of iSqueak is made of a less durable rubber. This would also correspond with what I received as the ones that I got from Clean Run last year with the low pitched squeak were a much softer rubber than the ones I just got from Wagsalot that have the high pitched squeak.

So, I had understood from all of the past posts that the iSqueaks stack up like this:

Old model = square tag, more durable rubber and high pitched squeak

New model = round tag, softer rubber and low pitched squeak

Thus, the assumption that what I was sent by Clean Run were the new model and the ones I was sent by Wagsalot are the old model.

Now you are saying the high pitched squeak ones I received from Wagsalot are the current model but they have square tags, which is what you said was on the old model? So does this mean I've just wasted a crap load of money ordering iSqueaks from Clean Run that will also have the high pitched squeak???? :confused:

I am not saying anything other than the facts, and as per what was said in all my previous replies.

I have both types with me, and the older ones feel more solid, and have a lower, almost quack like squeak as per my reference before to

other iSqueak products such as Zeke iSqueak

The newer stock, with round tag is a smoother finish, and has a higher pitched squeak

At the end of the day, the difference is not huge, but the squeak now is a higher pitch

This is purely based on having the product in front of me, and given that I am one of the only retailers in Australia to stock

the entire JW range in all sizes.

If you have just ordered with that mob in the U.S., I would be almost certain it will be new stock with a round tags and higher pitched squeak

Just trying to help, given I have both old and new iSqueaks on hand

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Too make things interesting… have just tested close to 50 new iSqueak Balls, compared to the dozen older iSqueak Balls…

There is at least 6-7 different pitches of sound.

Some of the newer large iSqueaks still have the lower pitched sound, some are quite a bit higher.

The mediums seems to be a higher pitched squeak as well

The small ones, well they all are pretty much the same

All the iSqueak Bones new and old have the quack type sound so they are the same

My cat is wondering what the heck is going on… quack quack, squeak squeak

I really think the only way you can be sure of getting the sound you want is to ask for it to be checked.

It may seem a funny question, but I have had stranger requests of a product before

All the iSqueak Bones new and old have the quack type sound so they are the same

I've got isqueak bones here ( some with the house shaped tag and some with the round tag) and both have what I call a squeak sound. :confused:

The bowling pins are what Id call a quack sound.

How confusing!

Let me get some photos and load on here which may help, although my last reply said that

after checking a lot more, there are several different sounds… which makes things even harder to determine

which is the one you want/need

Snook, this doesn't help with your isqueak issue but Wagsalot is also a DOLer, so you can get a DOL discount from them.

??? Relevance…. we, like most others who advertise on here also offer a discount

Of the 5 products in the photo, all are newer stock bar the Green iSqueak bone

Both bones have a quack type sound

The large blue iSqueak has a high pitched sound

Medium green ball, quack sound

Small blue ball, much higher pitched sound

After looking at even more stock (Zeke, Monique, Bowling Pin, Bones, Balls)

New and Old, they have different sounds, similar… but different

post-35336-0-35331300-1341483473_thumb.jpg

Too make things interesting… have just tested close to 50 new iSqueak Balls, compared to the dozen older iSqueak Balls…

Old i-squeak balls - can you let me know how many you have as that is what I am chasing (not for the sound but for the rubber they are made from)

No older stock in the mediums… sorry

and all Large ones are now on hold (another DOL member got in quick)

I will double check stock at the warehouse tomorrow morning and advise if I find any

(most of the fun toys I keep at home with me… i.e. lots of toys) lol

I am sure if Wagsalot, or anyone else has some and reads this they will let you know

I have lot of new stock coming from the distributer next week, I will get them to double check if they

have any of the older stock… maybe a stray box behind other stock… who knows

Edited by Pets1

I did notice the rubber on the old style appears significantly tougher than the new style but I don't personally care if the toy is easier for him to destroy if it's something he absolutely loves.

Squeak noise aside, we're paying the same price, why should we be happy with lower rubber quality so they break easier? confused.gif

The squeak fortunately doesn't matter to my dogs, but the rubber quality matters to me!

I still have some old ones not used from 2010, but I still don't think they are as good as the ones older than that! I'll have to check their tags, I'm not sure...

Just to add even more confusion to the matter.

I have 3 medium isqueak balls here, all with the house shaped label. One is definately stronger than the other two, its alot harder to squeeze. All three make the same high pitch squeak.

And going on whats been said here, all three "should" be the older ones.

I think its a bit of pot luck with this balls. The variation seems quite large.

Squeak noise aside, we're paying the same price, why should we be happy with lower rubber quality so they break easier? confused.gif

The squeak fortunately doesn't matter to my dogs, but the rubber quality matters to me!

I still have some old ones not used from 2010, but I still don't think they are as good as the ones older than that! I'll have to check their tags, I'm not sure...

Ruby, this is something I will ask John (owner of JW) in person and will certainly get an answer.

I don't know if it is lower quality, as such, but there is a difference in the feel of the product, and

if the end user says they are more easily damaged, then feedback is the best course of action.

I think though, if squeak is a major factor in buying a product, the only way to really ensure you get what

you want, is to buy it at a shop, so there is the hands on testing before paying for something.

2010 stock would be classed as older stock as JW only did the product update, and new tags starting March 2011

(announced at Global Pet Expo). New stock started to hit retailers from around June 2011

Just to add even more confusion to the matter.

I have 3 medium isqueak balls here, all with the house shaped label. One is definately stronger than the other two, its alot harder to squeeze. All three make the same high pitch squeak.

And going on whats been said here, all three "should" be the older ones.

I think its a bit of pot luck with this balls. The variation seems quite large.

Pot luck.... exactly

At the end of the day, rubber is a natural product sourced from a tree... there has to be variations

no matter what other additives are combined with it to make the finished product.

All of the new tagged large iSqueak balls I have with me are quite easy to squeak except for one... it is very

noticeable how much firmer it is... and all the squeaks are the same.

Keep in mind as well, when JW did the re-branding exercise with the new logo and product hang sell tags,

some of the older stock may have just had the old tags removed and the new tags added for consistency...

More questions have been raised than answers I think... sorry

I probably didn't word it very well. I just meant that I would rather have the ones with the quacky sound even if it means they're not as durable. There's no point in us having stronger ones if they only come with a high pitched squeak because Justice hates them.

Have you considered the Bowling Pin or Bone... they seem to be more consistent... well at least the ones I have checked

anyway (all Bowling Pins have older style tags as well)

Edited by Pets1

Just for interest, here is a photo of the two different types I have. The one on the left is the older squeaky type (maybe two years old) and the one on the right is the newer one that quacks (purchased about seven mths ago). You can see how the newer one on the right is all cracked and won't last for much longer. Big difference in quality.

post-21356-0-72507800-1341485995_thumb.jpg

Just for interest, here is a photo of the two different types I have. The one on the left is the older squeaky type (maybe two years old) and the one on the right is the newer one that quacks (purchased about seven mths ago). You can see how the newer one on the right is all cracked and won't last for much longer. Big difference in quality.

Do you mind if I save a copy of this image to show the powers that be?

Also, this image shows the difference in the squeaker (I think previously I called it the nipple... ) lol

Do you mind if I save a copy of this image to show the powers that be?

Also, this image shows the difference in the squeaker (I think previously I called it the nipple... ) lol

Sure no problem. These are the mediums but the same thing has happened with the smalls.