Rather Awkward Question - May Offend

I've ummed and aahhed about raising this, but really would appreciate an answer. My little maltese has been de-sexed since early age... yet, when he play fights with my female pom cross (who is also desexed)....well, let's just say he sometimes gets physically very excited. This is probably the stupidest question on here..but what is making his bit down below (sorry, I'm a whimp) grow??

I've ummed and aahhed about raising this, but really would appreciate an answer. My little maltese has been de-sexed since early age... yet, when he play fights with my female pom cross (who is also desexed)....well, let's just say he sometimes gets physically very excited. This is probably the stupidest question on here..but what is making his bit down below (sorry, I'm a whimp) grow??

I had a foster dog, a Maltese cross, that did this after he had been desexed. I think it was a learned behaviour. It was embarrassing to me(not him LOL).

He might not be but I obviously am! I'm wondering if it's a sexual thing, or more about domination...oh well...live and learn!

desexed males have still been known to mate a bitch, so his bits still working is perfectly normal!

Is this a little dog thing? :rofl: I've known lots of little dogs that like to hump soft toys, cats, rabbits etc but can't recall big dogs doing it. Maybe big dog owners stop the behavior quicker as it could cause more harm to the humpee!

They remove the testicles, not the penis.

I've known of a desexed male that has actually tied with a female. Not sure who was the most shocked, her, me or him!

I had a desexed male tie one of my bitches too.

Scared the hell out of me! :laugh:

Haha!! This has made me laugh so hard..

I have a 9 month old desexed Pomeranian boy and he humps all his toys, his bed, cushions... And really goes for it too.. Closes his eyes, grunts, the works!

He isn't shy either.. Doesn't matter if people are over or if we are alone... :laugh:

Hehe - don't worry, I called the vet the first time it happened after my boy was desexed :p

My boy doesn't hump things when he is excited, but I've noticed he gets "hard" when I get home from work and i lay the attention on thick.

At least someone gets excited that I'm home lol