Confused About Puppy

RoseRed

Darling little girl passed away a couple of hours ago :(

Poor sweet baby....run free with your sister and play puppy games forever. :rainbowbridge:

Sorry for your loss RoseRed...it's hard being a breeder isn't it. :(

sorry to hear of your loss

Yes, I've finally realised how hard breeding can be. I mean, it's always a lot of work, but when the puppies are healthy and happy it's lovely.

I guess because things have always gone well, and I've never had any problems with past litters, I guess I took it for granted that things would always go well. This has been a bit of a tough reality check. It's actually made me think I will quit. I don't know. When little girl was sick and then died, I thought "I don't want to go through this again" ... but then at the same times, I was watching the other five pups today, and they were playing and wrestling, and they are at that "so cute" stage, that you can't help but smile at the fun they bring.

Peter buried this little girl down beside where he buried her little sister, and the first shovel load of dirt unearthed a little plastic bone, and on the bone there was the imprint of two tiny little paw prints. It probably sounds a bit lame, but I'm choosing to take that as a little sign that the two babies are ok and happy over the rainbow bridge.

Thanks everybody for the advice you have given me over the last few weeks. I know I don't come on this forum very often, but when I'm uncertain, I always come here because I value all of your experience.

Yes, I've finally realised how hard breeding can be. I mean, it's always a lot of work, but when the puppies are healthy and happy it's lovely.

I guess because things have always gone well, and I've never had any problems with past litters, I guess I took it for granted that things would always go well. This has been a bit of a tough reality check. It's actually made me think I will quit. I don't know. When little girl was sick and then died, I thought "I don't want to go through this again" ... but then at the same times, I was watching the other five pups today, and they were playing and wrestling, and they are at that "so cute" stage, that you can't help but smile at the fun they bring.

Peter buried this little girl down beside where he buried her little sister, and the first shovel load of dirt unearthed a little plastic bone, and on the bone there was the imprint of two tiny little paw prints. It probably sounds a bit lame, but I'm choosing to take that as a little sign that the two babies are ok and happy over the rainbow bridge.

Thanks everybody for the advice you have given me over the last few weeks. I know I don't come on this forum very often, but when I'm uncertain, I always come here because I value all of your experience.

:grouphug:

I know how you feel its just so sad when you try so hard to keep them going I lost two out of a litter about 3 years ago one little girl was small and I tried for two weeks to save her but in the end she was just too weak - but it sure tears your heart out - I don't know how many times I have thought never again but we still do it - perhaps its because of all the love we can give to others by letting them have a beautiful puppy reared with love and care to give them years of happiness. Your post has brought tears to my eyes so hope your little ones that you still have grow to be beautiful pups that give you and others much joy.

I know how you feel its just so sad when you try so hard to keep them going I lost two out of a litter about 3 years ago one little girl was small and I tried for two weeks to save her but in the end she was just too weak - but it sure tears your heart out - I don't know how many times I have thought never again but we still do it - perhaps its because of all the love we can give to others by letting them have a beautiful puppy reared with love and care to give them years of happiness. Your post has brought tears to my eyes so hope your little ones that you still have grow to be beautiful pups that give you and others much joy.

Yes, draw your strength from the love you will be getting from the remaining puppies and the look of love of the faces of their new owners when they first make eye contact with your babies.

Edited by LizT