Farewell To A True Gentleman

Beauie

I still feel numb this morning after receiving a shock phone call yesterday afternoon.

Our wonderful vet, whom we have taken our fur kids to for the past 15 or so years, passed away suddenly & very unexpectedly.

Dr James Yates of Doyalson Animal Hospital (Central Coast NSW) had taken over the business with Dr Sally Smith in 2001, although James had worked for the Hospital and other local vet clinics before this time.

As the practice grew, James had a huge following of clients and at times, it was hard to even get an appointment with him - this tells you just how wonderful & popular he was.

What can one say about a man, who's passion for the health of people's pets, excelled so far & beyond the norm.

He had saved the life of some of my fur kids, he had helped bring some into the world - he had always been there for us - gosh, my heart just aches.

Only two or so weeks ago, Doyalson Animal Hospital won the Northern Lakes Business of the Year - such a grand award and well deserved to such a dedicated & fabulous team. The story & a photo of a very happy James & Sally made the local newspaper, holding their wonderful trophy with pride.

Life seems so unfair at times, that something like this can happen, when things seemed to be going so well.

My heart goes out to James' family, his work colleagues, Sally, Paul, Jennifer, Emma & all the Staff.

I can't imagine how you all must be feeling.

This world is certainly a far, far lesser place without you in it James.

RIP - you will be soooooooo missed immensely. :cry:

James was just 43 years.

post-22391-0-78327700-1341426368_thumb.jpg

Edited by Beauie

He was a lovely person and a great vet. He saved one of my girls after she bloated, she was literally dying as I got to the hosp.

James was very gentle and very caring. Always had time for a chat

RIP James. xx :'(

Yes it is absolutely devastating news! I got the call from someone at the vets at lunchtime yesterday and I still can't seem to process it.

James was just such an unbelievable vet and human being. His 'over and above' approach to his profession and his dedication and care to our animals never ceased to amaze me. His care and skill saved our precious pup at the age of 2 days old and then three times later (due to an ongoing auto immune disease). James gave us ten amazing years with our precious Leo and then in the final weeks of Leo’s life late last year after developing mouth cancer, although we were on weekly and bi-weekly visits, he called me every single day to check on how he, and I was. He even called a few days after he, with tears in his eyes, had to euthanize Leo to see how we were all coping! He truly and honestly cared for his animals and their owners.

The look on James’s face when a couple of months later, he opened the door to his consulting room after an appointment to see me sitting there as his next appointment with our new bundle of fluff sitting in my lap, was priceless! He was so happy! He said “this one’s a real beauty… I am so glad that he is helping to heal your heart”. That was James…. he will be more than sorely missed!

I do hope that once all of his wonderful colleagues have time to have their personal time to deal with this terrible tragedy, that they will organise some sort of memorial so that we, his much thankful and devastated clients, may get the chance to honour him and say goodbye.

Rest in peace James…. I know that when you visit Rainbow Bridge, you will be bowled over by all of our cherished pets that you helped and cared for but are now gone…. Leo will be leading the pack!!