Farewell To A True Gentleman

Beauie

I can not believe what i have just been told that the vet that we have seen for many years even befroe he left England and then he came back to us has now been taken from us for good

James i am so sorry that we will not be able to see you again you always loved our dogs and any dogs that came to you

He will be very missed

Our Sympothies go out to his family and friends and to thwe staff of Doyalson Vet Surgery

I just cant' believe it

Can someone please tell me how he passed away

I can not believe what i have just been told that the vet that we have seen for many years even befroe he left England and then he came back to us has now been taken from us for good

James i am so sorry that we will not be able to see you again you always loved our dogs and any dogs that came to you

He will be very missed

Our Sympothies go out to his family and friends and to thwe staff of Doyalson Vet Surgery

I just cant' believe it

Can someone please tell me how he passed away

shortie, it was a huge devastating shock to us all and even now, still can't believe we shall never see him again.

Hoped to attend his funeral yesterday to pay my respect to such a dedicated, wonderful man but sadly, my father passed away Tuesday night and have been busy organising his funeral - been a real bitch of a week for me. :cry:

Edited by Beauie

, my father passed away Tuesday night and have been busy organising his funeral - been a real bitch of a week for me. :cry:

I am so so sorry Beauie, just awful. What a loss for you :cry: *hugs*

Thank you Clyde, shortie & fifi.

Never easy losing a parent but knowing he is at peace & back with my mum now, brings me some comfort.

Do hope your dad is doing much better now fifi.

James was the most beautiful man i have ever known he was always so happy every time we went in there with our dogs a fantastic man has been taken from us and i feel so sad

Edited by shortie

Yes it is absolutely devastating news! I got the call from someone at the vets at lunchtime yesterday and I still can't seem to process it.

James was just such an unbelievable vet and human being. His 'over and above' approach to his profession and his dedication and care to our animals never ceased to amaze me. His care and skill saved our precious pup at the age of 2 days old and then three times later (due to an ongoing auto immune disease). James gave us ten amazing years with our precious Leo and then in the final weeks of Leo’s life late last year after developing mouth cancer, although we were on weekly and bi-weekly visits, he called me every single day to check on how he, and I was. He even called a few days after he, with tears in his eyes, had to euthanize Leo to see how we were all coping! He truly and honestly cared for his animals and their owners.

The look on James’s face when a couple of months later, he opened the door to his consulting room after an appointment to see me sitting there as his next appointment with our new bundle of fluff sitting in my lap, was priceless! He was so happy! He said “this one’s a real beauty… I am so glad that he is helping to heal your heart”. That was James…. he will be more than sorely missed!

I do hope that once all of his wonderful colleagues have time to have their personal time to deal with this terrible tragedy, that they will organise some sort of memorial so that we, his much thankful and devastated clients, may get the chance to honour him and say goodbye.

Rest in peace James…. I know that when you visit Rainbow Bridge, you will be bowled over by all of our cherished pets that you helped and cared for but are now gone…. Leo will be leading the pack!!

Hi there, by way of introduction I am James' brother-in-law (Stu)and signed up to your online community to post up a heartfelt thank you for all your kind words of Dr/Uncle James. Yes James was a true gentleman who always put others before him. He touched the hearts of so many people and animals alike. I did not really know the working life that James led only that he was a gifted and professional Vet. Your posts attest to this. Uncle James was a much loved member of our extended family who will be missed always.

Once again thank you all for your posts and our hearts also go out to you including your beloved pets.

RIP Uncle James

Hi there, by way of introduction I am James' brother-in-law (Stu)and signed up to your online community to post up a heartfelt thank you for all your kind words of Dr/Uncle James. Yes James was a true gentleman who always put others before him. He touched the hearts of so many people and animals alike. I did not really know the working life that James led only that he was a gifted and professional Vet. Your posts attest to this. Uncle James was a much loved member of our extended family who will be missed always.

Once again thank you all for your posts and our hearts also go out to you including your beloved pets.

RIP Uncle James

Dear Stu, thank you so much for posting and please let the family know we hold them close in our hearts.

I called into the vet hospital yesterday, to sign James' memorial book - reading just a few entries, from the many, many pages said, just how very much loved James was to so many people.

My life has been so enriched in knowing James & having such a wonderful man look after our precious fur kids for so many years.... James is sooooooo very sorely missed.

• 2 weeks later...

More than a month has gone by already & I feel so very sad & empty, just knowing this really wonderful man is no longer with us. :cry:

James' memorial guest book was due to end tomorrow - however, it has now been sponsored for a year.

Those who wish to add an entry, please do as we keep James' memory alive.

http://www.legacy.com/guestbook/smh-au/guestbook.aspx?n=james-yates&pid=158464380