The First Supreme Grand Ch.

Is there anything that the dog world will not bitch about! It appears that it is now necessary to have a time clock at ringside and clock on and off as you exhibit just so someone can claim to have the first. Time has nothing to do with it. Poor old Perth has no chance of being first at anything as they have a time disadvantage. Tasmania has no allbreeds show this weekend. It does not matter. It is an achievement to get any title (with competition) and you should be happy to have a dog that has won enough to be a Supreme. Sadly there are many great dogs of the past who more than met the requirements for Grand and Supreme titles but will forever just be plain old champion. Fight about who was first all you like but it really just means you were lucky or able to show at a show midweek or a show where it had a small entry and got to your breed alphabetically before another show reached your breeds judging. All this discussion does is show the dogworld at its absolute worse.

Like!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first Schipperke in OZ would be Gr Ch Beadale Little Captain, went from SA to Alice Springs (as they have done several years before) and got BOB then went onto Best In SHOW :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Stunning boy & deserves it.

BB

Is there anything that the dog world will not bitch about! It appears that it is now necessary to have a time clock at ringside and clock on and off as you exhibit just so someone can claim to have the first. Time has nothing to do with it. Poor old Perth has no chance of being first at anything as they have a time disadvantage. Tasmania has no allbreeds show this weekend. It does not matter. It is an achievement to get any title (with competition) and you should be happy to have a dog that has won enough to be a Supreme. Sadly there are many great dogs of the past who more than met the requirements for Grand and Supreme titles but will forever just be plain old champion. Fight about who was first all you like but it really just means you were lucky or able to show at a show midweek or a show where it had a small entry and got to your breed alphabetically before another show reached your breeds judging. All this discussion does is show the dogworld at its absolute worse.

Like!

Double Like!!!!

It is a great achievement to gain a Grand championship & cetainly even better to be a Supreme regardless of when it is achieved. Congrats to all those that have already achieved the new award and who cares who was first. :thumbsup:

It is a great achievement to gain a Grand championship & cetainly even better to be a Supreme regardless of when it is achieved. Congrats to all those that have already achieved the new award and who cares who was first. :thumbsup:

EXACTLY .... many congrats to ALL who have obtained this new title (including me..VBG) ....

EXACTLY .... many congrats to ALL who have obtained this new title (including me..VBG) ....

Agreed, congratulations to all of those who have obtained the title! Did not realise what a can of worms i was opening when starting the thread!

Like!

Double Like!!!!

Like as well.

There are many in my breed that are worthy of this title that are either steralised or deceased and will never gain it.

One in particular his three sons have achieved this title this weekend. Congrats to their owner and breeder.

Congrats to everyone that has achieved this title

Exactly!!!

Congratulations to all that achieve the title, well done! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

There are many in my breed that are worthy of this title that are either steralised or deceased and will never gain it.

I haven't read the rules regarding the title, but would a dog be able to get a neuter challenge and still qualify?

I haven't read the rules regarding the title, but would a dog be able to get a neuter challenge and still qualify?

the neuter title is a different title so I would guess not.

Neuters don't get challenges and you need a challenge.

Neuters don't get challenges and you need a challenge.

Ahh yes, that's right my bad, they are called certificates not challenges. What a bugger for those that have since been desexed :(

Congratulations to everyone who received the title this weekend gone. I think 4 Weimaraners gained their title over the weekend.

not sure on the other groups but an English Setter, Gordon Setter and 2 x GSP gained their titles in Group 3.

:thumbsup::cheer: :cheer: :cheer: for all the very worthy dogs!!

I know of One Schipperke in SA, one in QLD and two in Vic that gained their Supremes on the weekend.

Looks like Canine councils will be busy making new pedigrees etc in the next couple of weeks.

I feel for the person that does these only at the end of the month at VCA.

BB

I know of One Schipperke in SA, one in QLD and two in Vic that gained their Supremes on the weekend.

Looks like Canine councils will be busy making new pedigrees etc in the next couple of weeks.

I feel for the person that does these only at the end of the month at VCA.

BB

LOL - most people I know have paid for 24 hr turnover so end of month wont be so bad :).

But isn't it wonderful seeing the worthy 'oldies' coming out to gain that ever special CC!! :thumbsup:

Personally I don't think think they should have to. Any dog of veteran status should have been exempted from having to gain a CC after 1 July. Any Supreme of that age that had sired or whelped a Champion would have got my vote, desexed or not.

All the titles in the world don't matter a toss if the dog cannot produce quality in the next generation.