New Staffy Puppy This Weekend

--B--

Or you may be one of the lucky ones and your pup will remain healthy and happy.

]

well i hope so

and im sure you do not mean do this to however the implication that its a long shot is a bit strange

no implication at all, as I said I don't breed SBT's, I have no idea how much a gamble you are taking. It was a genuine wish for the puppy to remain healthy and happy.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

essentially it would seem this entire conversation is based around me saving/losing money as it certainly will not help the puppy,, and if that is the case then i will certainly not lose sleep over my decision even if it means i lose some of my hard earned dollars (and no doubt a few tears) over it.

Hardly.

It's about uneducated buyers financially supporting a breeder who isn't doing right by the breed and who, because they continue to sell pups to homes who know no better, will keep right on doing it.

You've made your decision, you are keeping the pup. However, please don't imply that the only concerns people hold about this transaction are financially based.

They aren't. Folk are concernned about the breed, not just your individual pup. Sometimes you have to look beyond your dog to the bigger picture.

Ethical breeders don't take chances with genetic problems that are totally preventable. But while you can sell a popular breed, without health testing parents, then its going to keep right on happening and its dogs that will pay the ultimate price. :(

Is the breeder registered and did you get ANKC papers with this pup because its starting to sound like a "no" on both of those.

Edited by Haredown Whippets

...B... , the thing some of us are concerned about is a few things you've posted , as a new , naive owner .We are just wishing you a sound and healthy new puppy.

There are so many 'breeders' who are in it for the money , and not to improve the breed... and sometimes, this means that the health/temperament of the breeding stock is questionable, and therefore puppies which bring great joy to new owners may be unfortunately carrying faults which cause pain & heartache.

This situation is awful for the puppies, as they are the innocent victims- and heartbreaking for ecstatic new owners.

You also mentioned the breeder as not being very professional - What did you see which led you to believe that ? Is this their first litter?Did they do a home check, and/or ask you about living conditions you could provide ?

If not their first litter, has your girl and siblings/rellies who are being shown ? It would be nice to follow her 'family' . if you could :)

provided the breeder is a registered one with their state's control body , they have had their breeding stock checked for genetic faults , and they are breeding for health and temperament , they are on the right track.

Photos ,of course, are a must :)

Is the breeder registered and did you get ANKC papers with this pup because its starting to sound like a "no" on both of those.

1: i dont know

2: no

what should i do now?

wallow in self pity or leave the pup on the breeders door step?

What's done is done IMO. Just love your pup, chalk it up to experience for next time and hope he's healthy :)

My main concern (aside form health) would be having an un papered bull breed who could easily be identified as a Pit bull. I think it's madness not to have a registered pure bred Stafford in this day and age with BSL.

Anyway, still waiting on puppy pics to drool over :)

Are you asking sincerely?

have you read THIS THREAD ? It's about Bailey, a baby B/C puppy bought from a BYB . he was gorgeous.. then he fell ill with a hereditary disease... :( :(

His 'breeders' did NOT know about genetic problems/testing , and now buyers of their puppies are suffering, and puppies are dying. :(

THIS is why we were warning you .........

Hopefully your girl will be absolutely fine !!!

BUT you have now paid good money to folks who will just go & do it all again, with no idea what problems their puppies are carrying ...

My main concern (aside form health) would be having an un papered bull breed who could easily be identified as a Pit bull. I think it's madness not to have a registered pure bred Stafford in this day and age with BSL.

oh, yes :( At least you're not in Victoria ! :)

im aware of the legislation

is the purpose for the authorities to seek out unpapered dogs and destroy them? (genuine question)

i would be amazed if all of a sudden the tens of thousands of unpapered SBTs out there are rounded up and destroyed

im aware of the legislation

is the purpose for the authorities to seek out unpapered dogs and destroy them? (genuine question)

i would be amazed if all of a sudden the tens of thousands of unpapered SBTs out there are rounded up and destroyed

Good, to be honest I'm not sure about NSW, as I'm in VIC, but yes they do seek them out here :( People are actually encouraged to dob in bull breeds that live near them so they can check to see if they're a pit bull type.

I have a feeling NSW is different though, VIC is the worst by far.

Looking forward to seeing pics :)

1: i dont know

2: no

what should i do now?

wallow in self pity or leave the pup on the breeders door step?

How about you try losing the attitude? You're on a forum dedicated to the promotion of registered purebred dogs and I have no doubt you'll get heaps of good advice here over the coming months. I'm not suggesting you take the pup back but frankly how do you know she IS a stafford. If you want people to endorse your source of a pup it ain't going to happen. Let's move on shall we?

How about you try losing the attitude? You're on a forum dedicated to the promotion of registered purebred dogs and I have no doubt you'll get heaps of good advice here over the coming months. I'm not suggesting you take the pup back but frankly how do you know she IS a stafford. If you want people to endorse your source of a pup it ain't going to happen. Let's move on shall we?

any attitude you may think i have is a result of the attitude directed at me from others. it is clear i am the target due to being new and for having made a choice many regard as poor however please do not act surprised when new posters such as myself react to the type of comments i would deem unhelpful at best

im very happy to move on whippet. i mean no offence or harm at all

it is clear i am the target due to being new and for having made a choice many regard as poor

You're not my target :) ..it's the "breeders" who produce and sell pups like Sweep that are MY targets .

"Breeders" who choose to sell pups with no health guarantee , no followup, and no recommendations for all that is best for their puppies' new lives.

I hope you & Sweep enjoy your time on DOL... and I also hope that there are lots of threads on here which will be of help :)