An Opinion Article On Dogs From Adelaide Advertiser

sausy.dog

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I would be upset, too, if someone came along and took the sausage I was eating off my plate to give to the dog.

But then, I've had to sit down to baked beans on toast while my visiting aunt's spoiled corgi had red sockeye salmon for dinner...

As long as dogs are well-behaved and their owners pick up after them, I have no problem with them in most public places. I kiss my dogs (and certain other special canines) talk to them and formulate answers from them.

Guest lavendergirl

She sounds like a spoilt 3 year old throwing a tantie because she did not get the last sausage :laugh: Get up and cook another sausage for yourself for heaven's sake. Why worry about dogs in cafes when Australia is so dog unfriendly very few allow them anyway. Its not as if the dishes are not being washed between customers and they have doggy germs all over them :laugh:

There's one thing we all need to remember. Even though I love my dogs, probably more than life itself, but I respect the fact that not everybody loves, or even likes dogs. If we expect people to be tolerent of what some dog owners do, then we should be tolerent of those who are not dog owners. It's probably hard for them to realise our feeling and actions towards our pets.

I think I would be upset, too, if someone came along and took the sausage I was eating off my plate to give to the dog.

I feel compelled to address the very serious question of the sausage.

It wasn't on her plate, and she knew the routine with the dog, so it says to me she was testing the point. Even setting aside the probably spoiled dog, the usual routine with the last [whatever] left is to ask if anyone wants it first before sticking your fork in it. Wouldn't have been hard to hop up and cook a few more sausages herself.

It wasn't on her plate, and she knew the routine with the dog, so it says to me she was testing the point. Even setting aside the probably spoiled dog, the usual routine with the last [whatever] left is to ask if anyone wants it first before sticking your fork in it. Wouldn't have been hard to hop up and cook a few more sausages herself.

I agree ssm. The comment that the 'incident of the sausage' left things 'strained' for the rest of the day showed a certain lack of perspective on life I thought, LOL.

I agree ssm. The comment that the 'incident of the sausage' left things 'strained' for the rest of the day showed a certain lack of perspective on life I thought, LOL.

+ 1 regardless of any other points she completely lost me with the sausage story.

It doesn't matter if her GPs were giving it to a dog or sacrificing it to their own personal deity, she was a guest in their home and her attitude was one of a rude, entitled brat.

She lost me at the sausage - there's a good argument to be made there about dogs in society but she wasn't making it.

Yes. She mixed together matters that are just preferences with breaking a by-law. Frankly, that makes the article a bit of a mad dog's breakfast (sorry about that).

Her final comment was that dogs be allowed to live a dog's life. She appears, from all that's gone before, to consider herself an authority on that, not just a person who has preferences. Odd that she then doesn't spell out exactly what she believes a dog's life should be. Maybe it's a result of her Post- Sausage Trauma.

As SSM said, there is an article (or many) to be written about dogs in society....but this isn't it.

Edited by mita

Really? Who cares if someone wants to eat with their dog on their lap? I'd prefer a fat little pug at the next table over a screaming baby, or a toddler mashing it's food all over the place. :vomit:

I might take the Mali out for brunch on the weekend laugh.gif

far more concerned about the people that let toddlers and older kids sit in shopping trolleys that I might then use afterwards (and god knows they are not cleaned in between people using them and who knows if the kids have pooey bottoms or not when they are sitting in the whole trolley, not just the seat portion), than I am about a restaurant where dishes and table are washed in between users. Think this is a very sad person who clearly needs to GET OVER THE SAUSAGE!!! - perhaps her grandparents just like their dog a whole lot better than her!!! (and yes I did use trolleys when I had kids at shopping centres, but I bought one of those little seat covers that I used first in the seat section, and once my kids could walk, they did not sit in a trolley at all - I refused to let them sit in the whole trolley