Please Help Me Choose My First Dslr

Lollipup

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little OT but for anyone reading here what class memory cards do you use?

CC what sort of CF do you use in your 7D, I have to buy new memory (CF) when I get the 7D as all my other cameras have used SD cards, I recently bought 2 class 10 SanDisk Extreme SD cards from Costco for $54 for the two of them, Dick Smith has one for the same price.

I don't know about the class, but they are the SanDisk Extreme 60MB/s - When using burst mode the card has performed very well :)

I've just purchased a Nikon D5100 twin lens kit fom HN the second lens is a 300mm . I can't wait for it to turn up so I can pick It up so I can have a play. So excited . Also I'd suggest bargin with who ever you are buying from. You will be able to get the price down a bit. I managed to get the 1300+ camera down to 1100 even plus the cover for it which was loser to 500 own to 280 plus a free SD card. So it's always worth it.if I had of paid full price it would of been just over 1800. I got it for 1380. So was super happy with that

If I factor in GST, camerapro is about $360 more expensive for all the gear I want (a 50mm lens and a camera bag on top of the D7000 kit) hmmm, can't decide whether it is worth the extra. And if I don't end up having to pay GST from DWI then its more like over $500 more.

No, I think it was fairly standard, but it was 18 months ago - things may have tightened up since then!

Well here's hoping! Now I just need the money, I want it yesterday! We are going to Fiji in October for a wedding, hopefully I will know how to use it enough by then to get some good photos

Check the customs webpage Lollipop. I think there may be an additional fee as well but not positive on that.

Eglobal is expensive for postage but at the time I bought, even with the higher postage it was still cheaper than DWI. No idea if that is still the case, although I am thinking about looking into a new lens with my tax return....

Check the customs webpage Lollipop. I think there may be an additional fee as well but not positive on that.

Eglobal is expensive for postage but at the time I bought, even with the higher postage it was still cheaper than DWI. No idea if that is still the case, although I am thinking about looking into a new lens with my tax return....

I have been comparing between a few sites, the nerd in me even did a spreadsheet to compare them all :o

Eglobal was cheaper in some things and not in others, and vice versa, but DWI came out cheapest overall. I think it was mainly the shipping fees.

I have been comparing between a few sites, the nerd in me even did a spreadsheet to compare them all :o

Eglobal was cheaper in some things and not in others, and vice versa, but DWI came out cheapest overall. I think it was mainly the shipping fees.

Ha ha! I did the same thing with the spreadsheet when I was researching and deciding where to buy everything from. :laugh:

So did I! LOL

now I feel better for doing the spreadsheet LOL :laugh: Glad it's not just me!

ETA: according to said speadsheet, D-D Photograhics is the cheapest, so keen to hear anyone's experiences with them?

Edited by Lollipup

I don't know anything at all about them or their service. Sorry.

That's okay, thanks anyway. It's pretty close to DWI depending which camera bag I go with. Hopefully someone else with experience with them will comment.

Lollipup - another 1 to check is digitalrev although when I was looking they were not quite as cheap as DWI or Eglobal but still competitive. I have never heard of D-D Photographics sorry but they do look to have good prices.