Please Help Me Choose My First Dslr

Lollipup

I have put a deposit on what I am ordering with camerapro and paying the balance first thing in the morning and should have the camera by Wednesday :D

Bad news is they are out of stock in the 50mm lenses which is what I most want to use. I checked everywhere in town and no one has it! So I have to wait for it to come in but hopefully not too long

Wandering if the 35mm would be similar at all? because I know where I can get one and then I would have both. Shows how impatient I am lol.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 35mm will be wider than the 50mm. I would honestly just wait and see if you actually want both once you've started using the camera. I personally wouldn't buy two prime lenses that were only 15mm in focal length apart but I'm sure there are some people who would.

yeah I can't justify it. I really just want the 50mm but wish they had it in stock now :o

I placed my order today and they are express posting it! They didn't have the 50mm 1.8G in stock and no ETA for it so I splashed out and ordered the 50mm 1.4G! :thumbsup:

Thought that made more sense to do rather than buying a whole other lens because I am impatient lol

I loved my 50mm on the Nikon it was a 1.8. But I thnk my next one will be a 1.4 if I can extend the budget that far. :laugh:

lollipup, I think you will be kicking yourself with the kit lenses once you have a play with the 50mm it will barley leave your camera! :laugh: Although in saying that I guess it depends what your shooting!

Well to get the two kit lenses wasn't a lot more than just the body but I'm sure you're right about using the 50mm the most :) Will be good to have the others to learn on too though.

I was so excited to get the 50 that I couldn't wait and that's why I was considering buying the 35 as well, to have it in the mean time but then when I realised that by the time I spent that money I could get a 50mm F/1.4G, I checked they were in stock and they were so YAY!

Edited by Lollipup