Amy Has Passed & Is At Peace

Woke up to find Amy (in my avatar) with a high temperature and trembling and weakness this morning. Took her straight to the vet, which is where she is now. Karen Hedberg in North Richmond so I know she's in excellent hands.

She's had blood taken but I don't know what the problem is yet.

Her 13th birthday is in June.

I'll update when I have more info.

I am soooo afraid that she won't come home again. :confused:

Edited by sidoney

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate your thoughts, I know you will all understand how I am feeling. It means a lot to me.

I've just called the vet ... it's "early days" yet. There is an abnormality in her blood, her "ALT" is up which she said could indicate some muscle or liver damage, but also that it could be from the temperature, which is high ... they are keeping an eye on her and seeing how she responds to the treatment she's had so far. The blood didn't act like a normal sample, it didn't "spin down right" I think she said, so they will take some more and try again.

As far as her demeanour goes, she "seems comfortable in herself for an old chook".

I'll call again in a few hours, at about 4.

As far as her demeanour goes, she "seems comfortable in herself for an old chook".

Bless her...

Isn't it amazing how, no matter how bad they feel they still manage a wag of the tail or a smile for you... Almost like they are telling you not to worry...

Jodie

OK, here's the latest, from the phone, before I shoot off and get her: she had a cortisone deficiency, possibly related to an auto immune thing (will find out more when I get her) anyway they have given her cortisone and she is feeling much better, not 100% but she was woofing away in the background saying, I want to GET OUT NOW!!

I'll let you know more when I get back.

The main thing: she's much better and can come home. :confused: