Dog Friendly Walks Around Sydney

Whippetsmum

I've been making a point of taking my dogs on new walks on weekends and have been looking for good resources for "dog allowed walks".

I'm personally interested in a 45 minute drive (max) based in the Hills, Sydney, as I have a car sick dog.

Does anyone have a favourite walk they can suggest? If you can give me a basic location or a link to a map, plus a comment about distance, time and diffciulty would be really useful for me.

I did find the Beagle Club of NSW has some awesome info. Has any got any other resources, are there any map books?

Might be too far to travel, but our favourite walks are foreshore at Glebe, all over Sydney Park at Tempe, and through the bush at Gannons Park at Peakhurst/Lugarno. Gannons isn't brilliant after heavy rain or if your dog has sensitive skin. All these are mostly leash-free and the first two have decent coffee nearby :)

The book 'Sydney's Best Dog Parks, Walks and Places to Play' by Catherine Proctor has over 90 listings, so not keen to type them all out, but I can tell you what the book says for Western suburbs:

Parramatta Lakes. Parking off Lackey Street via Bourke Street, various easy circuit walks, bush and water views

Chipping Norton Lake. Street parking at corner of Charlton Ave and Wolverton Ave , Easy 6k approx 2 hour return, lake and bush views, picnic spots. No off leash area

Lake Moore. Parking at Chauvel Park off Epsom Road Easy 3k return approx 45 minutes,water views and picnic spots. No off leash area

Sydney Olympic Park. Park at Sydney Olympic Park Off leash area Hill Road. Walk signposted.

Edited by Aussienot

On the weekend we just did a photo shoot in a place in concord, its called Private Road, its horse ranch, but you walk down the road in the middle and you go through these gates and it opens up into gardens, just lots of little gardens.... its quite beautiful walk around... dogs must be on lead though.

Edited by TheCheekyMonster