Missing Papillon- Goodna, Qld

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't give up, on the way home from work this evening I collected a shar pei who had been found wandering a couple of weeks ago. The finder contacted the pound, put up flyers and walked the dog around the area but didn't have a car and couldn't get it to a vet to be scanned. I took it to the RSPCA and with microchip details found he was reunited with his family from where he had been missing for THREE MONTHS, yet he was found in the same street he lived in only a few weeks ago. The area is one in which people don't have anything other than public transport and it seems he may have had "several" families in the same suburb as he was found wandering.

Thank you all who have shared the facebook page. I have put up posters, and will continue to do so, all over the place. I'll get her an ad in the newspaper, her face will be everywhere in the area and surrounding suburbs. I need to find her, my heart can't handle the thought of what may happen to her if I cannot find her :(

I'm sure you have already done it, but have you put anything on gumtree about her?

Also, a lot of the general public wouldn't have a clue what different breeds look like, so if you put a rough guess of her height etc, it could help.

Stay positive, when we moved our boy socks went missing, we searched the neighborhood for days, eventually he was handed in to the lost dogs home (we had notified them he was missing)

Turns out they apparently claim they thought he was a mixed breed stray without a home, even the dogs home doubted that, since he had had a very short clip 2 weeks before hand to help them handle the trip from Qld to Tas (it involved a kennel for a couple weeks, was fairly sure grooming wasn't high on their priority list) and he had a good leather collar with a shiny new tag with our new phone number and address on it!

Both he and my girl had gotten out overnight (fixed tht hole very quickly!) but my girl was waiting for us in the front yard.

Also, don't forget to contact the vets in the area, and also, anywhere there is a large amount of animals (kennels nearby?) oh, and pet shops and supermarkets, as if someone happens to obtain a pet suddenly, they will need to buy it some food. (these are courtesy of the lost dogs home's suggestions to me from our experience)

If you can get a vet onside or something, you could set up a no questions asked return point, they may have second thoughts but don't know what to do without getting in more trouble?

Ruth

P.s. Patches and our beagle escaped about 4 weeks ago when our five year old didn't latch the front door properly, they turned up, ... Three houses down the road, Patches decided that was far enough apparently and decided to head back (she was about a week off whelping) the beagle being a pup himself stayed with her thank goodness!

Thank you all who have shared the facebook page. I have put up posters, and will continue to do so, all over the place. I'll get her an ad in the newspaper, her face will be everywhere in the area and surrounding suburbs. I need to find her, my heart can't handle the thought of what may happen to her if I cannot find her :(

Thinking of you and wishing whoever sees her or has her sees your ads...

I have put up posters, and will continue to do so, all over the place. I'll get her an ad in the newspaper, her face will be everywhere in the area and surrounding suburbs. I need to find her, my heart can't handle the thought of what may happen to her if I cannot find her :(

Yes, get posters up all over the area, in places where people go & where permission is given to put them up. Post office, shops, service stations, local libraries, local postie....even schools or near schools. Put on the poster/flyer that Information or Sightings are welcome.

Also letterboxes in blocks around home.

Keep checking with pounds and RSPCA. Especially with pounds....go look. Enquiring by breed label over the phone can miss fact the dog is there, but has been labelled another breed or cross (like pom X or long hair chi X). Or microchipped has moved or has been missed.

Someone in Sydney lost 3 tibbies that'd got out when a tradesperson left gate upon. 3 weeks after they went missing, someone was at a service station putting up an updated poster, when a customer remarked the dogs looked like the ones his neighbours had acquired in recent weeks. Yes, turned out, these neighbours had rescued them from the street on the day they went missing & decided to keep them.

Police helpful in getting them handed back.

Thank you all who have shared the page and those who have offered suggestions, I assure you I am working through them all! Have been very busy with the poster/flyer handing out stuff, spoken to the police, council, RSPCA etc etc etc, registered online with various places etc.

I just can't believe that someone would steal a dog! She didn't make it far, she would have had to go around half a block to get from the back of the yard (where they escaped), to the front, where my neighbor saw Berri arrive but not Angeline. I daresay it was a passer by who took her, either that or someone who received the flyer (which was posted in every single mailbox for several blocks) and was too heartless to reply.

I just can't believe that someone would steal a dog! She didn't make it far, she would have had to go around half a block to get from the back of the yard (where they escaped), to the front, where my neighbor saw Berri arrive but not Angeline. I daresay it was a passer by who took her, either that or someone who received the flyer (which was posted in every single mailbox for several blocks) and was too heartless to reply.

As I posted, someone did rescue & decide to keep the 3 tibbies in Sydney. It was a poster that said Sightings Welcome which led a person to report that 3 little dogs like the ones in the pic, had been acquired by his neighbout 3 weeks ago. The poster was being out up in a local service station. There's always the chance that your posters, flyers and notices reach someone who may have seen the little one. A papillon is a distinctive-looking little dog.....Angeline would stand out in people's eyes, just as the 3 little gold tibbies did.

Fingers crossed that there's someone with information out there.

Guest lavendergirl

Did Angelina have a collar on with contact details? That is the first thing most people look for on a stray dog - many still don't know anything about microchipping and will not (or can't) take the dog to a vet to get it scanned so posters are the best method to get the word out. Have you put something on Gumtree? Someone must have her and I really hope they do the right thing soon.

I'm so sorry to hear about your pap! Best thing to do is keep an eye out and hope she didn't get into the hands of an ill minded person with wrong thoughts. I did see a suspicious add on gumtee about a breeding pair of paps, female tri colour? In QLD area, sorry I live in s.a not sure of local suburbs etc. There was no picture but you could text and enquire about pictures and pricing... I hope she turns up!

Thanks Jessica, I contacted the people on Gumtree. Still waiting to hear back with a photo. I'll call them tonight if I haven't heard back (they did email to say the boy had found a home but the girl was still available).

Went to the pound again today, broke down in tears when the people in front of us who didn't even know what their dog looked like or what breed it was found their dog, and Angeline still wasn't there :(

Sorry to hear Angeline still hasn't been found. I did just see on the news that the RSPCA is offering a service for $300 to message all people around your area with details of the missing dog. Maybe you could look into this?

I hope she comes back.