Anti-slip Dog Socks?

bianca.a

Hi all,

My 9 month old GSD has had ongoing issues with Hygromas on his elbows. The right one has had multiple drainings and then drains inserted for 2 weeks. He wears Dogleggs too.

We have recently moved into a new house and while there are some carpeted areas the majority of the flooring is polished floorboards. He tends to get a bit excited at times and his big muppety feet slide out from under him. I just noticed while I was checking his elbow (it's a nightly ritual :laugh: ) that his left has fluid on it. I assume he must have slipped and knocked it.

So has anyone tried these or something similar please. Thanks in advance for any thoughts :) Oh I should add that I would put down mats or runners but my DH is in a wheelchair and it makes it too hard for him.

http://waggle.com.au/power-paws-b44/non-slip-dog-socks-p604

Hi Bianca,

we used these earlier this year when our girl had a femoral head ostectomy and was slipping on our floors, they did give her more traction on the floors,they helped quite a bit and the service from Waggle was extremely good. A word of caution though - it did take her a while to get used to them and we found we had to get her to her wear them in her crate for a few minutes at a time over a few days before she could walk without throwing her feet around because of the socks. She only tried to pull them off once the first time they went on. I would use them again if mats are not an option.She also had a pair of boots but they were not as successful as they seemed to irritate her more than the socks and she never really got the hang of walking in them.

Thank you so much Coogie :)

My little brat can take his Dogleggs off so I imagine he will get these off easily too :laugh: I did look at boots as well but spotted these so think I will give them a shot first.

I used something similar with a rottweiler who had progressive3 paralysis in her legs. From being unable to raise herself and slipping on the wooden floors, she was happily able to get around for several more months.

The Waggle ones look much better than the ones I used, and the service at Waggle is absolutely brilliant!

Thank you all :) I will order the waggle ones tomorrow and will get some for Molly too. She got spooked by something today and lost it going around the corner :(

Thank you Puppy Sniffer, after having to change Coopers dressings daily for over 2 weeks, he hates tape on him so I am trying to avoid that.

He is going to look so 'spethal' with his Dogleggs and socks on :rofl: