Sighthound People Is This A Sloughi?

It looks quite likely to be exactly what it is described as to me. Cross 2 sighthound body-shaped breeds together and it's not suprising you get something that looks a bit like a third sighthound breed.

Both Afghans and Pharoahs have been turning up in rescue situations with disturbing frequency in recent years.

Not a total shock that someone with the kind of ethics that sees them end up needing rescue put them together, either as an accident or deliberately.

As a sighthound nerd I find it sad.

Edited by Diva

Oh ok cool! He looks similar. I just didn't know the shelter and thought maybe they misidentified him and he's a purebred owned and missing. Glad that;s been cleared up :) i hope he gets a home

I hope so too, but it is not a mix for the inexperienced. Like Diva I feel very sad about this, he is not the only dog from this litter looking for a home at the moment either.

I have Pharaoh Hounds and this saddens and angers me no end. I am aware of another Pharaoh who may be coming into rescue soon, one who I will be assisting to rehome.

They take a regal breed like the Pharaoh, cross breed it for a quick buck and sell them to inexperienced people.

At least he is with the AWL who will do their best by him . . .

Too many Pharaohs have come into rescue lately and for a breed whom I love dearly, it leaves me shaking my head.

I just hope a sighthound savvy person sees him and falls in love. (the other litter mates too)

Do not bail this dog out MUP - you will not be able to cope. Such dogs are a handful for experienced sighthound folk and IMO are largely unsuitable as pets in your average family home.

That is all.

I just hope a sighthound savvy person sees him and falls in love. (the other litter mates too)

Do not bail this dog out MUP - you will not be able to cope. Such dogs are a handful for experienced sighthound folk and IMO are largely unsuitable as pets in your average family home.

That is all.

Wasn't even on my mind. can't have sighthounds here too many little animals

That is all.

Couldnt agree more :)

I don't like sighthounds. (no offence sighthound peeps, just not my type of dog) Just wanted to know what this gorgeous creature was

You will think I'm sticking the boot in, but that's not my intention, I really am curious. In your former DOL life as redial, you stated your next dog would possibly be a saluki or a sighthound of some sort because you love their nature. Can I ask what happened in 7 months to make you no longer feel this way?

EFS

Edited by rebelsquest

I don't like sighthounds. (no offence sighthound peeps, just not my type of dog) Just wanted to know what this gorgeous creature was

You will think I'm sticking the boot in, but that's not my intention, I really am curious. In your former DOL life as redial, you stated your next dog would possibly be a saluki or a sighthound of some sort because you love their nature. Can I ask what happened in 7 months to make you no longer feel this way?

EFS

I did a bit more research and met a few. i changed my mind. they're pretty to look at but not that excited about their nature anymore.